Sign in to follow this  
Kithylin

Fan Speeds & Vista?

Hi all, Okay, well, to make it short, two problems:

I own a 8800gtx (a.k.a. space heater)

Asus defaults the video card to run at only 60% fan speed regardless, this speed does NOT increase due to use or heat.

I'm looking for suggestions for a solution of any kind of software whatever it is that WILL NOT RELY ON IT'S OWN DRIVER to function, and i need to be able to load it on start up and force the fan on the video card to 100% each time.

I used to use ATI Tool for this, for my 7300GT's i had, but that just flat out doesn't work under any version of vista, period. So my other option was RivaTuner.

This works somewhat, it uses it's own driver and windows occasionally likes to "silently" re-enable "signed driver enforcement" without telling me, and then rivatuner boots up and the fan's set at 60% again.

I'm just sick and tired of checking rivatuner every time i boot up vista to see if my video card's fan is 100% or 60% before i go play games or benchmark. This adds even more delay when overclocking because i have to check each time before i run a benchmark :sad:

RivaTuner 2.02v this in once way, where there is a setting to increase the fan speed for the video card in this overclocking program.

You have to make sure you select "Apply these settings on windows startup" otherwise everything goes back to its defaults

I manage to select my 8800gts fan speed to startup at 85% as the 60% for me doesn't cool well enough....at 85% is barely audible anyway so I'm happy with rivatuner 2.02, awesome piece of software