Just an introduction

red930

Hello all. I am Jason and I am about to start building my first computer. With some help from some great fellows at the dslreports, I have narrowed down my choices to 2 different systems. Was told about this forum and was told to get everyone's input from here since I will be wanting to OC a little (nothing major) and everyone here seems to have a broad spectrum of knowledge.

welcome aboard

hit the Recommendations section and make a post asking for opinions of the products/parts you are interested in using ;)

(ps you have to have a minimum of 2 posts before posting any links, it's to protect against spammers)

@333 Welcome! It's a great time to be building ... prices are dropping like a rock on everything, especially if you are willing to stay away from cutting edge. The only hard part is the huge selection but find the right deals. I have enough parts lying around now for years. I've had to swear off buying hard drives, I can't seem to pass them up. lol

by:syngensmyth; especially if you are willing to stay away from cutting edge. The only hard part is the huge selection but find the right deals.

The huge selection is an understatement. As for cutting edge...in 6 months, everything changes anyway so its hard to stay on the cutting edge. I am looking for a solid gaming machine that stable and quick enough for the wife to use photoshop and burn dvds and cds.

Guest SuppA-SnipA

yes it can be hard to stay with the latest, video cards especially