Sign in to follow this  
Hellssephiroth

woot hit 3ghz with opty 185

yay just bought an opty 185 and got it to run stable at 231 X13 :D i was soo worried from hearing that it probably wouldnt hit 3ghz

Guest Modulok

what are your temps? idle and load..

also, what is your vcore at?

I am orthos-ing my new 185 now at stock speed...load temp is already at 54c

Whats the stepping ?

I got a really weird 170 that runs prime stable up to 287 and then wont boot after that unless I drop the LDT to 2.5.

That puts it at 750=1500 but runs dual prime stable.

i dont know i keep my stepping on auto :( my temps are about 42C on load and 33-34C on idle but i liquid cool.... which also has 4 radiators.....soon im thinking about tec chilling my external one if i can think of a way of doing that. Oh and my voltage is at 1.5, it was stable at 1.475 but i went up to 1.5 since the cooling wasnt an issue just to make sure

Why did you add more Vcore when your rig was already stable? It only brings more heat to your processor?

But it's a nice OC. I hope mine will do 3GHz also. When I have time to build it in.

Hopefully i'm home in a month or so and can start building.

BTW, what bios are you using?

One more question. I understood that your stepping was "written" only on your IHS. (Don't now mine, because i'm 5600 km's away from home.)

So what did you leave on auto?

Greezt Erik

i have the bios that came with my motherboard... Award bios i think it is. For the stepping thing i have 2 options, i didnt know what the option for 1x-5x was for, also a frequency setting so i just left it on auto. As for the Vcore i upped it just because i figured i would give it a little extra juice so it would have it if it needed it if thats possible? dunno lol, but figured if my temps are fine then why not try it like that if that makes any sense at all.. prolly not lol.

The stepping and date are on the lid of the processor. The bios date and version is something you shold be able to find when the mechine posts. But it might be easier if you don't know where to look. To download everest home edition. Motherboard-bios tabs reads it right up. The actual stepping of the processor is something you'll have to read before installing the processor.

1.5v shouldn't hurt it. I try to keep my voltages trimmed to a min.(Reduces potential EM)Better cooling also helps it to scale further . Plus they don't seem to need as much voltage. I've noticed in the past that she'll pass prime or sp with a given voltage but sometimes it seems to need just a little tiny bit more for some games. I hate annoying app errors.(Especially when people are looking.)

What kinda' loop do you have?

What you mean is the LDT. That's what you've left on auto. That's your HTT bus speed. I didn't notice any big performance changes by changing it. But it does help with stability. Best is to keep it around 2000 with this mobo. But i got it also stable above 2000.

In your case: LDT 5x might be a little to much (2310 MHz). But 4x shouldn't be a problem. (1848 MHz)

HTT is your FSB x LDT multiplier x 2 (cores, I believe)

In your case 231 x 4 x 2 = 1848 MHz.

But the oc guide gives you more info about it.

oh i go pump--->dual 120mm thermaltake radiator----->60mm radiator with holes i drilled in to allow 2x vantec tornados to push against eachother(works better than the dual 120 i might add, but hella loud)----->CPU----->another dual 120mm radiator---->gpu------>single 120mm radiator---->northbridge chip---->filling sump------>pump again. (whooo lotta typing lol) and like i said earlier i might try to tec some of the radiators since i have the stuff for it... and if i did it on the external ones i shouldnt have to worry about condensation on the inside of my case... plus i could just switch it off if i wanted also. btw did i mention its HELLA LOUD lol

I've never tried making a chiller before but couldn't the hoses form condensation inside the case even though they are on the rad outside the case?