woot hit 3ghz with opty 185

This LDT/HTT is actually the communication speed of your memory controller. Which is build in your cpu.

When you look in CPU-Z, this speed will show. That way you can see what setting the auto option uses.

I was told that it is better on this board not to use autosetting much. But I can't rememder why. Maybe you'll find the answer in the CFX 3200 thread. http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50632

I might bring you to better stability, or a higher OC. Maybe you'll see some higher numbers (when you changed it) in everest or simulair program.

oooooh neato, when i was talking about chilling the radiators with the TEC, thats how the freezone cooler works, by chilling the radiator :)

Yeah but it also as a built in regulator so that it won't go too low of a temp and cause condensation. If you just slap on a tec to your rad and it is too powerful for your setup then the temps could go low enough to condensate. Or if it is not powerful enough then it will not be able to cool the cpu and just overheat possibly frying your hardware.

For potential sub-ambient cooling I think I would insulate against condensation and go all the way. Weither that's a massive evaporative bong. tec cooling of any type. Or of course phase....

Though honestly I can't complain about the PA120.3 8c delta between load and ambient. Not too bad I think.

Room ambient is 29c voltage is 1.225*126% overclock 310X10 1-1 using Kitfits timings for TCCD @310. My deltas were lower before I added the maze4. Preasure drop raised my cpu temps by nearly 2c!. Oh well... Heck it seems to work ok. LOL

3100mhzheatkh1.th.jpg

Edit: As the room ambients drop so does the load temps. 28c 36c-average load. I think the lower the room temps the narrower the delta also. Or rather the higher the room temps the wider the delta. Ooops it failed prime. Back to the drawing board! LOL

I really couldn't say what would work on someone elses computer. But for me 5x has worked to nearly 250. 4x to 280 3x to 307 2.5x at 310 thats the furthest I've clocked it. (Maybe someday I'll know where 2x is needed)

Perhaps when you set it @ 4 you can get a little higher. Every rig is different. Mine didn't change when I set it to 4x. Couldn't get much more out of the 4400.

I hope that when I get home my opty 185 also get's to 3GHz.