Sign in to follow this  
powsmowl

DFI p35!!

heatpipes a so lame on mobos. heatpipes are ment to have sum sort of substence inside that changes state when heated, liquid to gas, so they are realy good at moving the heat. hav u ever seen a heatpipe with eneything inside? i havent, which sort of defeats the point of using them??

they should realy be called copperpipes not heatpipes. i would hav thought that having just a hollow tube with just air sealed inside would atcualy be helping to stop the heat being moved?

Windows have gas mixes in between the panes and that really makes a difference. The point is to move the heat from hot to cold and I can see that happening in a short distance with good cooling, but not really over such a large distance. I might research some white papers on that tonight, when I get some spare time. Maybe I can find some diagrams that can show me exactly how it's supposed to work.

interesting new audio module too..

Apparently it uses a cable to connect to the MB and occupies a PCI slot.

And what's up with switching to Leonard Bernstein for the Audio? IMHO Herbert von Karajan was a much better conductor/interpreter of classical music.

Leonard Bernstein audio what's next Jenna Jameson video? Amour48.gif

LOL

It clearly states in the newsbit (linked by OP) that the new audio module is named after Leonard Bernstein so logically the Karajan module was named after Herbert von Karajan.

The cutting-edge audio solution- “Bernstein Audio”

Leonard Bernstein, best-known conductor and music composer of USA i n 50's of 20 century. Bernstein represents the supreme authority of classical music in Northern America.

I have to say I really love that design, a lot better than the garish colours of the old Lanparty cards :)

But as others have said, I am going to wait until I can get a card with X38/Penryn or the new AMD K10 processors before I upgrade ;)