Sign in to follow this  
powsmowl

Why i Hate being a Gamer in Germany

Might be me but i remember a game where it was the other way around....

Maby not the top of the shelf game but we europeans got the version with the gore, germany got their onw version and the rest of the world, the states and such didnt get the gore

Talking about Sacred btw.

You can "compain" and point to politics, but basecly it commes down to contracs and money.

Trust me in this case i know what im talking about:)

The Netherlands/Holland (residents are the Dutch); where crack is legal. There coffee shops are places to get high; and whorehouses have "shopping windows". There stuff thats not allowed isn't strictly prosecuted either; e.g. I saw a beach where they had posted signs for no surfing, no kites, no horses, no automobiles, etc. and I saw tire tracks, a man riding a horse-drawn buggy, and kite-surfers. Another example, we were on a tour through a museum with no photography signs posted; one guy was taking pictures and the guide merely said "what you're doing there is strictly prohibited; but I didn't see anything so I can't do anything about it."

Ehh no not really.....

Weed and stuff for own use/ 1 plant (iirc, i dont have the plants myself) in the house is allowed. As in if they find you with more, your sorted in the system.

Hard drugs are not legal for own use. Sounds weird but it gets weirder.

Something else thats legal is selling softdrugs, true a shop to 18 years and above but as "seller your not to buy-in your goods cause that again is not legal unless you have an contract with city hall.

Beaches are not to walk the dog and if you wanna go nude, there are beaches for that too.

And yea we have more of that weird stuff going on, but i have to say, regulating softdrugs did make some ploblems go away, wich where followed with other problems.

Basecly if you wanna find problems in any society, its not to hard to find them, thats how it works and when the goverment changes, then the yelling about a particulair problem changes also.....

thats cause sacred is a german game, just like the gothic series theyre not made with that much gore in the first place

Might be me but i remember a game where it was the other way around....

Maby not the top of the shelf game but we europeans got the version with the gore, germany got their onw version and the rest of the world, the states and such didnt get the gore

Talking about Sacred btw.

You can "compain" and point to politics, but basecly it commes down to contracs and money.

Trust me in this case i know what im talking about:)

Well, by "gore," I mostly meant stuff along the lines of internal organs and such falling out. Not many games do that. Besides that, things were pretty graphic from what I remember in Far Cry; shoot someone, a nicely detailed bullet hole would be there, they fall in the water, blood clouds around them, etc.

A silly slippery slope banning violent games - once games are gone and people are stilling killing each other will they move onto tv and films (hard to see happening in the US due to money and lobbying involved as well as the cultural implications). If so we get rid of that and still people die! Do any fecking politicians look at history?

I would be hard pressed to think of any society/civilisation from history that didn't include a measure of violence. The Romans had the colisseum - blood sports as popular entertainment (now wouldn't it be a shame to see Europe to start to throw out its historical heritage).

Guest zeden

lol

not a single kind of lucrative industry would be banned in this ludicrous world.

weaponry, drugs, slavery, games, high tech industry, automobiles, and so on..

As long as parts of the Autobahn still have no speed limits, I will always love Germany :D

Hmm...it's almost time for me to visit again :P

As long as parts of the Autobahn still have no speed limits, I will always love Germany :D

:nod: nothing like pulling 200+ KPH

Why is it that there is always someone that wants to set them up as a little dictator telling you what you can and can not read, see, think or do. This is no better than book burning. There are plenty of people that would love to ban most video games here too. There is not much you can do but constantly fight this kind of thing. It will always be around in one form or another. I am also of German decent and our family find some of these laws frightening for the German people. Even the ones that are very conservative are worried for you guys. Using the political party's actions of the 1930's-1940's as an excuse to act like them.

The autobahn has never been without a speed limit, that's like an urban myth... the cops can pull you over and give you a ticket if they even THINK in their opinion you're going too fast for conditions... (t's cheaper if you give them cash ;) ) Most roads are 130KPH (about 80MPH) and the other roads that are supposedly no speed limit are limited to a speed that you can safely maneuver around or stop in case of an obstacle... like an animal etc... if a deer runs out in front of you and you're going 220 kph you're screwed 1 - because you just are,lol and 2 - you're responsible for any damage you cause... you insurance company will say 'screw you'...

on topic, has anyone read or heard about "202c"? now that's just crazy... http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070...o-relocate.html

The autobahn has never been without a speed limit, that's like an urban myth... the cops can pull you over and give you a ticket if they even THINK in their opinion you're going too fast for conditions... (t's cheaper if you give them cash ;) ) Most roads are 130KPH (about 80MPH) and the other roads that are supposedly no speed limit are limited to a speed that you can safely maneuver around or stop in case of an obstacle... like an animal etc... if a deer runs out in front of you and you're going 220 kph you're screwed 1 - because you just are,lol and 2 - you're responsible for any damage you cause... you insurance company will say 'screw you'...

Not quite; Many sections of the Autobahn actually don't have any speed restrictions whatsoever, but the police can issue a ticket for reckless or drunk driving. Speeding tickets are issued by mail; they set up camera units that take a picture of the driver and license plate of the speeding vehicle and record that along with the person's speed.

State routes have a speed limit of 100kph unless posted otherwise; in towns/cities the limit is 50kph for main through ways and usually 30kph on side streets. On freeways (at least 4 lanes total) there are no speed restrictions, unless one is posted;this is often the case in the vicinity of large cities, Autobahn junctions, or dangerous areas (such as a steep hill); and a lot of them are posted dynamically based on traffic conditions (i.e. if they restrict the speed to 120kph they can avoid a stand-still).