Sign in to follow this  
schoolslave

Does the Evercool chipset fan void DFIs warranty?

My Expert broke so I need to know if the chipset fan voids teh warranty.

afaik - if a stock fan is fitted to the board it's covered. It doesn't matter if anything different was there before. So hope you kept it, or decide if it's worth getting a replacement from somewhere.

If you didn't throw it away you could probably get it covered under warranty for a replacement. They might even just send you a new one without having to send down the broken one. Thats what a lot of companies do when replacing fans on warranty. They just ask you for proof of purchase and they will send you new fans without you having to send them the broken ones. Go for it, its worth a shot.

Ya, it will work if you put the stock back on. My ultra-d got fcuked up and I just put the stock hsf on again and they (newegg) didnt say a thing.

DFI won't care. Besides it's not like they are going to ask you if you replaced your fan with another. And they aren't going to remove it to check. You won't have any problems.