please recommend some c2d and Am2 boards..

Supercharged

Guys, i am planning to get a am2 or C2D board over the weekends and I need some recommendations over the boards.

I've shortlisted the following boards due to certain price and other criterias.

AMD

GA-M57SLI-S4

GA-MA69GM-S2H

M2N-SLI Deluxe

intel

P5KC

P5B-E Plus

P5K-VM

I've lost touch with the newer tech so need inputs here..

Well first I'd say figure out whether you want a C2D or AM2. The AM2 might run you a little less money but it won't perform as well, depending on your use.

You are intending on overclocking, right?

if going c2d, would look @ with the new x35 chipset, they all getting grt reviews, can o/c very well, not that exp :) & some rdy for ddr3 & next new intel cpu.

gigabyte , asus & abit have some good ones, new dfi due soon as well

You already have AMD so I would think you would want to try C2D. I bought used (the board and cpu from technodanvan that he still has in his sig.:)) I just want to play and get familiar with C2D.

Edit out DDR reference

I would stick with a used or cheap P35 until a clear winner shows up.

I have not used any of them so don't believe a word I say.:cool:

The biggest problem with AMD is DDR RAM. It is hard to find stellar ram new. New and old is as costly or more than DDR2 and good DDR2 is easy to find and relatively cheap.

He did mention that he is looking at AM2, so DDR is not needed. Not matter which system he is going with C2D or AM2 he will use DDR2 or possibly DDR3 later down the road with the x35 chipset for C2D.

He did mention that he is looking at AM2, so DDR is not needed. Not matter which system he is going with C2D or AM2 he will use DDR2 or possibly DDR3 later down the road with the x35 chipset for C2D.

Yep, slipped a cog thanks.:)