Just got 8800gts xxx not impressed

I just received a xfx 8800gts 320mb xxx edition 580/1800 stock i got a lame score on mark06 of 7216 i have the 158.22 drivers. Whats up with that.

my specs are:

amd 3700 single core OCed to 2.75

abit an8 sli MB

2 x 1 gig G.skill HZs

ocz 600w gamestream psu

WD 250g sata HDD

I even OCed the card to 653/1000 and only gained like 100 points on the score

Any tips are appreciated

I just received a xfx 8800gts 320mb xxx edition 580/1800 stock i got a lame score on mark06 of 7216 i have the 158.22 drivers. Whats up with that.

my specs are:

abit an8 sli MB

2 x 1 gig G.skill HZs

ocz 600w gamestream psu

WD 250g sata HDD

Any tips are appreciated

06 is multithreaded so dual cores up the score alot. I bet 05 or 03 would be alot more impressive numbers for ya.

Yeah and as long as you get good performance in games then why really worry about a benchmark score? If I were you i'd spend more time playing games then benching.

As has already been said, you picked the wrong benchmark to check the performance of your card. Need to run something else more suite to your processor.

my specs are:

abit an8 sli MB

2 x 1 gig G.skill HZs

ocz 600w gamestream psu

WD 250g sata HDD

Any tips are appreciated

Your sig says you have a 2.75Ghz single core AMD 64. What the heck did you expect

as system speed limited as you are.

Viper

In games he won't see much of a difference between, say, a C2D and his A64. In benchmarks he'll see a big difference.

agreed... maybe get a slight (very) framerate bump, but not enough to be worth the extra money... bu as they said, you used the wrong BM...

having a c2d @ 3ghz vs AMD at 2.6hghz, the only difference is in benchmarks and a little loading faster in games, the FPS in games MAX DIFFERENCE would be 10fps,i dont no why viperkeeps saying hes bottlenecked by his CPU, unless hes playing under 1024x768

i dont no why viperkeeps saying hes bottlenecked by his CPU

That's because Viper is 100% correct. The only thing the OP referenced was 3d06. The processor in his sig can't come close to providing the data fast enough for the card.

thanks for the info..i know i can take this chip to 3.2Ghz with the ram i have i just havent had the need...I guess until now.. would a 3.2 Ghz run better with this card or a x2@ 2.6Ghz, I know a benchmark is simply that, i just know most people were getting like low to mid 9k on mark06 with a stock clocked gts and i figured i should get 10k before i OCed the XXX card.Im just trying to justify my 285 dollars.I havent played any games yet because my nephew has my F.E.A.R, and i just got stalker in the mail today, so i get to see it in action tonight.No one thinks its odd though that i took up the clocks from 580/1800 to 656/2000 and only gained 100 marks, I guess i should try it with 05 and see what happens between the 2 clocks,I did score 33,000 something on 03...yay