4 pin on an 8 pin board

I have the asus p5k deluxe, and a pcp&p 510. The 510 only has a 4 pin cpu connector. The board works with just that, but it expects an 8 pin.

I use a q6600, 3.52 GHz, at 1.625v after the option to get rid of vdroop is put on. So I'm pretty sure my CPU is getting more power than joe 4 pin's..

Would it be possible to further rape my CPU, or have better stability at higher speeds if I had a native 8 pin PSU, or is that extra 4 just for nonsense?

With the clocks you already have I doubt an 8 pin PSU would allow for any higher MHz. Might try a 4 to 8 pin adapter just for S & G, your PSU can definitely supply the power, we both know that.

I have 5 HDs, a DVD drive, 2 gigs of memory, the 7800gt, a raid card, a tuner card, soundcard, 4 120mm fans, 4 80mm fans, a pump. At peak power, when I first start the two orthoses at the same time the multimeter reads a drop from 12.1 to 11.6. Maybe this is just me making excuses so I can buy a new toy, maybeit's a seious issue. I've decided it's time to buy a new toy to find out, but I can't find any PSUs that test with the low amount of ripple these do so I haven't bought a new one yet.