Rads outside = opening holes on case?

Elano

Hi and thanks for all the advices on this forum.

With that I could decide to chose this liquid cooling system:

http://www2.asetek.com/Webshopfolder/websh...=1&liste=&side=

Of course the price wasn't that high and my Black Ice fits double 120mm fans.

The thing is the Rads don't fit inside my case.

I have to mount them on the top, but to do that I need to drill a hole in the case.

My question is, do I have to drill two 100mm holes on the top or 1 is enough? Because the 2nd one would hit where the PSU is (when mounted).

Top is the only space I have to mount that had on my case.

Thanks.

Are you really buying this kit for 329 euros or can you get it for much cheaper? If yes god bless you and your insanity!!! :angel:

EDIT: I think there is much better out there! How much would you like to spend? Let us know and we can get you going with better parts that the kit your got in mind!

I hoped so? Did you buy this kit already or are you still looking? Why don't you buy something from Danger Den, Swiftech. I also heard good stuff about Petra's Tech Shop

Yes, I read almost all topics about this stuff in all possible forums. There is no sort of thing as a magic brand, there is good Marketing (we are all capitalists aren't we?).

If they are well made and well dimensioned (engineered) the good brands well perform the same (3oC-5oC the difference in reviews I could find).

If you don't want to drill holes or the holes might be in the way of other components, there is always the option of getting a radbox like this, or just taking an old 120mm fan, cutting out the actual fan - leaving the outer, round housing and mounting all that to an existing 120mm exhaust port on the back of the case.

Your hands don't get as dirty modding the case, but its simpler.

If you have the RAD sitting flush against the side of the case with just 1 100mm hole then in effect the other half won't be doing anything for you. You really need to have good airflow thorough the RAD.

I've got an extra RADbox; If you need one please PM me.

If you have the RAD sitting flush against the side of the case with just 1 100mm hole then in effect the other half won't be doing anything for you. You really need to have good airflow thorough the RAD.

I've got an extra RADbox; If you need one please PM me.

Bingo or you could build some nice box for your entire WC set up like I did when I got sick of the pump etc. getting in my way when I was screwing with the rig.

picture056np9.jpg

picture058gx4.jpg

picture060kl6.jpg

Hi guys, thanks for all the and pictures.

Now I got the idea and won't need the old Dremel (finger cutter) to make holes on the new case.

I will go either with radbox or the clean looks on that below case to hide everything.

Thanks again.

@HITandRUN: Sweet H2O box :cool:

Thanks! Edited another picture! I basically made it as wide as the Stacker case it self and got the Stacker parking on the top of it. Looks clean and keeps the WC heat out of the case! :) It also makes it easy to swap the entire system when upgrading if you got a universal cooling block on it. All you need to do is pull the hoses out through the back of the case and put new guts in and get the cooling blocks back in. All done. :P

Hey guys,

As I don't have HITandRUN's craftsman's skills :-) I went for the easy and quick solution: Radbox.

With the Radbox installation tools, came along 4 plastic spacers to use between the Radbox and the case (to increase the distances between them).

But I think it would be a bit bulky on top of my case so I just installed it without them.

What do you guys think? Are these spacing safe and cool:

4u936nb.jpg

63w57ye.jpg

Notice that the fan's are pulling air from the Rad's.

Thanks again!