Forcing a custom resolution??

Guest Jack Stand_merged

Guest Jack Stand

TV= Samsung HL-R5067

this tv does not support PC thru the hdmi/dvi input so I'm in thru the pc in via 15-pin d-sub connector. In this mode the spec says it supports 1024 x 768. Will I see improvement if I force a custom resolution with Powerstrip of something close to the tv's native res of 1280X720p???

This is basically a gaming pc only.

in advance, thanks for your help

Yeah I think what that means is that it cannot pass most DRM protected HD content over the DVI/HDMI input. I hate content protection. Haven't they figured out that if we want we will just get around it anyway?

Yeah I think what that means is that it cannot pass most DRM protected HD content over the DVI/HDMI input. I hate content protection. Haven't they figured out that if we want we will just get around it anyway?

Thats why they say it won't work because then most users won't be tempted to try.:D

Guest Jack Stand

I ordered a hdmi to dvi cable to give it a try. We'll see if it works.

What I was getting at in my original post was that of the overscan issue. If I tried the native res of 1280x720 using the "pc in" then the overscan of the hdtv caused much of the content around the edges to be lost...so I lowered it to 1024x768 and the whole image will then fit with a small black border around the screen.

Thanks for the input..Ill report back after I try the new cable...

Guest Jack Stand

OK so the new cable did the trick...1280 x 720p of graphic bliss:rolleyes:...the PC thru hdmi/dvi - in is supported.

Samsung shame on you for telling me it would not work!!! ( and on me for not attempting this sooner..)

Not sure which version of CCC I'm running but I did not see any compensation for overscanning...maybe I need to update???

Bottomline....it works.........yippie!!!