Sign in to follow this  
Darkorb

Mmmm Stabbing!

That is why religion is such a farce. It is a mental crutch on which someone must rely. If you take away that crutch then what do they have left? They are right back to their broken state. Take away the crack from a crackhead and what does he have left? Take away alchohol from the alchoholic and what does he have left? Nothing but a broken mind.

The only way to cure yourself is to dig down inside and come to terms with your past, your fears, your problems and ultimately yourself. Relying upon a drug, religion or any other type of mental crutch will only drown your emotions temporarily before they surface once again. Doing so will only dig your mental well of despair much deeper than it ever was before.

Sad fact is you're right. Many don't have the stones to face it with the right perspective. But the flip side, is many do.

No matter what you are dealing with, you have pros and cons. With as many bright people that have walked this earth, none have been smart enough to design a solution to satisfy this quandry. Problem I have is when people say... Hey, don't blame my music and games for screwing up your kids, but I'll hop on the let's blame religion bandwagon". From a purely logical standpoint... I hate that contradiction and I'm not even pious.

People are becomming nothing but haters. Rather than thinking through things logically it's an emotion fest. If anyone has seen the movie Equilibrium... it is scary how close our society is getting to that point. First time I saw it I thought - silly plot, awesome action scenes. Now that plot isn't looking too far off.

i think religion is messed up ... im not about 2 tell anyone or let anyone tell me how i should or should not believ in god. faith is important but u dont need ruels to belive in anything

i think religion is messed up ... im not about 2 tell anyone or let anyone tell me how i should or should not believ in god. faith is important but u dont need ruels to belive in anything

Without rules life has no purpose, nothing to strive for, all is empty and meaningless. It would be like playing every video game with all the cheats enabled. There are always rules, in life and death.

Let me break it down for you science guys who think its sissy to believe in anything greater than yourselves. I think Sir Issac Newton said it best "Every Action has an Equal and Opposite Reaction". If you come from a jacked up home, its a good chance you are going to continue down that same road. There are always rules.

I am the product of a healthy family. I am so glad to say that my parents have always had a loving equal relationship. And have taught me accordingly to love others and how to be caring and understanding of each others differences. Not all of us are so lucky though. You guys are right, it does stem from parental traits.

But who is to blame when a child is born into fighting the odds of being a good wholesome normal person. I've known many people that have come from broken homes. Beatings, child abuse, sexual crimes. Some people are born into these live without choice. And some pull through, some don't. Who's to blame? The parents, who are themselves probably caught in the same cycle of abuse from childhood that their children are now a part of. The kids today for not deciding for themselves what is right and wrong? Religion for guiding them astray. Just keep in mind religion when used for personal gain or merit is just the means to an end.

I'm not quite sure you know what he meant by that, krazy. As a matter of fact, it means quite the opposite of what you're saying.

I'm so confused....i don't know whats going on....haha.....

"Its so damn hot.....milk was a bad choice" :)

I'm not quite sure you know what he meant by that, krazy. As a matter of fact, it means quite the opposite of what you're saying.

Oh you mean about Sir Newton? All I'm saying is if kids grow up in screwed up homes the reaction to their treatment as a child will be jacked up.

That is why religion is such a farce. It is a mental crutch on which someone must rely. If you take away that crutch then what do they have left? They are right back to their broken state. Take away the crack from a crackhead and what does he have left? Take away alchohol from the alchoholic and what does he have left? Nothing but a broken mind.

The only way to cure yourself is to dig down inside and come to terms with your past, your fears, your problems and ultimately yourself. Relying upon a drug, religion or any other type of mental crutch will only drown your emotions temporarily before they surface once again. Doing so will only dig your mental well of despair much deeper than it ever was before.

That's an unfair statement. Sure, some people couldn't live without the thought of an omnibenevolent all-powerful "God" who, in their minds, amounts to little more than an invisible man in the sky who makes sure life doesn't get too hard for them.

That's certainly not the case for a vast majority, though, least of all me. Atheists like to claim that people use religion as a means to get out of having to do any research by offering "because God said so" as the answer to every question in existence. This is simply not true for the vast majority. The minority... well, they're awfully vocal.

To call religion a mental crutch is fascist and inherently dangerous. It could lead to people being persecuted for their beliefs.

To call religion a mental crutch is fascist and inherently dangerous. It could lead to people being persecuted for their beliefs.

It's an opinion. No more and no less.

Actually, religion is the most fascistic type of organization ever particularly your beloved Catholicism. Careful when you start throwing terms around you don't know very well, they just might apply to you.

312378590_9ace19d686.jpg?v=0

Since only Angry and I wrote "novels" I'll just assume that is directed toward me. I'll respond with the same amount respect as you gave my reply... If you don't read what someone says, than don't reply. Don't put words in my mouth again.

Now where exactly did he put words in your mouth, Mr. Thinly-veiled-threatener?

312378590_9ace19d686.jpg?v=0

We are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours" - Stephen F. Roberts

no truer words

It's an opinion. No more and no less.

It is a logical fallacy to hold fast to your opinion when the odds are stacked against its accuracy. You could be of the opinion that the sky is red, but that wouldn't make it true.

Actually, religion is the most fascistic type of organization ever particularly your beloved Catholicism. Careful when you start throwing terms around you don't know very well, they just might apply to you.

Religion only becomes fascistic when they influence or take the place of government. As long as there is separation of Church and State, there's nothing to worry about. Some people like to use religion to coerce others, but that's their problem, not religion.