S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Skies

Guest Headwound_merged

Guest Headwound

Possibly one of my favorite games right now, despite all of its bugs and flaws, is STALKER. Now, much to my joy, a sequel. NAY! A prequel has been announced. This coupled with the rumors of a sandbox mode being developed for the original game has me really psyched.

Here's the official story.

I just hope we won't have to wait another 3 years for this to come out.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:eek2: Wow those screen shots are insane. ! :eek2:

"Experienced stalkers and newbies! Get ready for the new challenges in the exclusion zone in Q1 2008."

So hopefully not to far of then......

I did some reading up on it and found out Stalker is partly based off of a book called "Roadside Picnic". I'm about 1/4 of the way through it and it is a pretty good read so far. You can get a copy here if you'd like to read it. There was also a movie based off of the book that came out in the 70's that might be worth watching. And I read somewhere a new movie will be out in 2008.

• 1 month later...

Will the game be the expansion pack? I hope it is the stand-alone expansion pack.

The site lists new features in the game. In addition to them, I want the following features;

• The ability to use weapons in the bars / trader's place.*
  • The ability to trade the weapons/amos with the non-trader NPCs.
  • The ability to operate automobiles.

Anyway, before the Clear Sky release, I want the single-player map expansion pack badly. After I explored all maps and found almost all stashes/secrets in the single-player mode, I am getting bored with wandering around the places I’ve visited for many times…

*The Duty guards start shooting at me in the bar when I step in to trade (I think this is because I killed the Duty guards too much …). In the bar/trader’s place, I can’t use my weapons to counter. This is not fair…

Will the game be the expansion pack? I hope it is the stand-alone expansion pack.

The site lists new features in the game. In addition to them, I want the following features;

• The ability to use weapons in the bars / trader's place.*
  • The ability to trade the weapons/amos with the non-trader NPCs.
  • The ability to operate automobiles.

Anyway, before the Clear Sky release, I want the single-player map expansion pack badly. After I explored all maps and found almost all stashes/secrets in the single-player mode, I am getting bored with wandering around the places I’ve visited for many times…

*The Duty guards start shooting at me in the bar when I step in to trade (I think this is because I killed the Duty guards too much …). In the bar/trader’s place, I can’t use my weapons to counter. This is not fair…

I pretty much agree! Sick of walking around and wasting time. Driving would be much better! :)

Guest SuppA-SnipA

i loved stalker, and as i beat it, i was sad that i finished it, then i heard about clear skies i was happy