Sign in to follow this  
gadugger

Which Cpu Would You Keep ?

I have an lcb9e 0704 opteron 170 2x1 cache that will clock to 2870 Max with 1.425v...Shows to be 1.39v with cbid and smartguardian.

Under load with orthos both cores 36c.

My other cpu is a lcb9e 0652 4200x2 2x512 cache that will run 3ghz stable with 1.55v + 102%...shows 1.55v with cbid and smartguardian.

Under load 48c on 1 core and 45c on the other.

It will also run at 3050 if I bump it to 104% but starts hittin 52c under load.

Have not found max yet.

Both are delidded and run under a DD tdx with 1x120 rad.

The 4200 was meant for my daughter so whatever one she gets will have the lid put back on and under air and maybe turned down depending on heat.

I plan on keeping my computer for at least 2 more yrs. with maybe an 8600GT OR GTS. for racing games,light gaming,internet and tweak my comp more.

She likes rpg games.

THX.

Keep the higher clocker and pass the other on to your daughter :tooth:

Keep the higher clocker and pass the other on to your daughter :tooth:

I feel the same but was considering the cache-the heat-and the fact that I love to overclock and have not found the max on the 4200 yet.

I feel the same but was considering the cache-the heat-and the fact that I love to overclock and have not found the max on the 4200 yet.

My point exactly.

Its become a no brainer now cause I figured out the opty will do at least 3ghz

Time for a :beer

You finally got it! :beer

I sold my 2X4200 to a friend fo mine just because I wanted him to have a duall core. And im keeping my 170 --sound familiour. I think the 4200 just mi9ght go farther but you loose the 2X1Meg L2. For me it was keep all the really good part's of the 939 stuff i had and start another build AM2 mabey. BA

i got same stepping on the opty i can make it go up to 3.2 and post but anything over 2.95 and i cant get it stable even with high volts (1.75)

cooling i think is the problem. uncaped with the swiftech lots of potental with good cooling thow

Sign in to follow this