Sign in to follow this  
SubZeroGTS

anyone have this opteron stepping?

CCBWE 0534SPMW

what's the most you've gotten out of it, or heard of anyone getting out of it with air and/or water? what do you suppose the best results on water would be?

hm. how much voltage do you think i could run with water cooling? if i can keep it cool at 1.5v (which i have in the winter with the tornado turned up all the way), it'll run stable at 2.8GHz. i've had it at 2.9 but it would fail prime95 on one core.

That was the stepping of my first 939 chip, x2 3800

Got it to 2.7 with 1.45 or 1.475v, depending on the day. XP-90 cooled

hm. how much voltage do you think i could run with water cooling? if i can keep it cool at 1.5v (which i have in the winter with the tornado turned up all the way), it'll run stable at 2.8GHz. i've had it at 2.9 but it would fail prime95 on one core.

2.8g is about as much as you can expect a CCBWE 0534SPMW to do. At X/S it's actualy down as an avoid if you want to get to 2.8g. If you want to push it further, then your only course of action is to put it under phase. Under phase my guess would be somewhere between 3.1g and 3.2g.