Sign in to follow this  
SubZeroGTS

how do i oc with this bios (a8n32-sli)

i can't make heads or tails of what these bios settings are for (coming from a DFI board)...

it's an A8N32-SLI Deluxe

i'd like to put the CPU FSB frequency at 250, and the memory at 250 (DDR 500), and the memory timings at 3-4-4-8...

so i did literally that, i put the CPU FSB at 250, multiplier at 10 (want 2.5GHz), set proper cpu and dram voltages, and manually put in 3-4-4-8 for memory timings (left everything else on auto) and put memclk at 'LIMIT' and selected 250... but that fails everytime. i have no idea what to put in any of the chipset menus, which is which? my dfi had no nb/sb split so i had a 4X ht multiplier, i'm not quite sure what is the equivalent here...

the manual shows MHz settings, but my BIOS has 1x, 2x, 3x, etc. for all the chipset menus (including K8 to NB frequency which i'm thinking i have to change?)

and do the memclock values mean multipliers and not literally fsb values? (i.e, '250' is relative to a default fsb of 200, so if i up the fsb to 250, then the '250' setting reflects something different)

oh yeah, and when it says 'overclock failed' on boot, it will reset the CPU to 2.0GHz (its rated speed) and actually get DDR 500 (250MHz Memclock) but use 3-5-4-10 timings even though i still have 3-4-4-8 manually set into there

EDIT: nm, figured it out eventually