rad fans

i have two TT 120 fans on my xspc 240 rad mounted virticaly behind the front panel, the fans are pushing the air through the rad and out the front , i have just purchased 2 x Yate Loon 120x120x25 D12SL-12 fans ( thanks "anunknownsource") should i add them to the frontof my rad and have a push/pull set up or stick with just the TT fans or just use the yate loon fans ??

what is the best set up to use ???

You could do that, although I'd put the same fan pulling from the same fan, so put 1 red/1 yate on the front and 1red/1yate on the back... you might get a little bit more performance... but to be honest there are probably better places in your case to use those new yates to cool... don't forget the PWMIC!

Glad you like the fans!

PWMIC is the integrated circuit regulating power. And I would stick with one set of fans, either pushing or pulling. I dont think a second set of fans would increase performace drastically enough to add more noise.

The fillport needs a 1" drill bit (25.4mm) I'd use a 25mm and shave out the rest... double check that that thing is definitely 25mm across though, I could be wrong...

The PWMIC get's pretty hot... I looked up your board, and it's located to the far right in this picture... the silver heatsink with asus on it is covering the PWMIC. if you don't have the deluxe model you might not have a heatsink on yours, so you'd definitely need a fan blowing across that area. the heatsink that's connected to the rest is covering up the other mosfets I believe... but never had a board like hat so I don't know...

huge.jpg

right i get what you both mean . looking at my rad i think it would be a bigger job than i thought as there is not enough clearance at the front of the case for the fans to go on the front so i would have to re place the rad backwards 15 mm so i will leave it as it is for now ,

my sig needs updating abit as im now using a Asus A8R32 MVP Delux untill my DFI sli D arrives on thursday then i will be changing to that as this board sucks at o/c as i can not get past 2.35 with this a8r32 , i could get to 2.8 on my old a8nsli then i changed to the a8n32 which i could only get to 2.4 , so im going back to a DFI board , my temps bye the way are quite good , running now on the a8r32 @ 2.35 my temps are

m/b - 33

cpu - 31 idle - 36 load

cpu core 1 - 38

core 2 - 36

so to conclude im going to wait untill thursday and install the DFI board and go from there .

A8R32 MVP DELUX

http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1042l5600d8ic2.jpg

cheers for that ,

what my consern is that in Everest on my old asus a8n32 the m/board temp was always about 32/c but now on my dfi sli/d te temp is about 40/c and rises the longer i have my pc on, the only thing i have changed apart from m/board is that i changed the rear fan to extract instead of intake, would that be why the temps have gone up ???

should i change the fan back and also should i put my spare yate loon 120 fan blowing over the area ???