Sign in to follow this  
Guest ElAguila_merged

Thermaltake ND5 cooler

Guest ElAguila

Has anyone tried the thermaltake nd5 cooler for the 8000 series nvidia cards? I saw that it has 4 heatpipe but I have not been able to find a review of it yet. I am debating ordering one.

http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Cooler/...99/cl-g0099.asp

Guest ElAguila

Thanks for the link. It answered my main question which was whether or not it vented air out of the back. I was disappointed that it didn't but it doesn't dump it on the chipset like the accelero's does. I am wanting to go sli soon and the hr3 just is too bulky to fit 2 of them in mobo and my pci sound card as well. I was told by an AC rep that they were working on a cooler that would vent out the back but due to the nda he couldn't tell me when it would be ready.

See the last half of page 3 and page 4 of this thread: http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread...?t=74587&page=3 - which is from "the official 8800 series topic".

I'm was undecided, but since the retailer is close to my house, I may just pick one up to try iy out. Like aclays, see thread, I have a side fan and exhaust which whould take care of the reverse heat exhaust concern.

Again, see the other topic for more...

BB

Guest ElAguila

I may pick up a couple. The air not venting out is not a big issue for me. I have one of the mountainmod cube cases with plenty of ventilation.

Yea, I'm just debating whether I should go through the trouble of more modding for air rather than switching to a water system - which in the long run is more temp. stable...

But as the ND5 is under $40, it sure is tempting.

BB