Sign in to follow this  
Confined

how to install nvidia's 15.00 SMBus drivers

with out the operating system failing (Vista x86)? http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce4_amd_w...ta32_15.00.html

I'm sure most of you have encounted this problem, just installed vista and made the mistake of running the 15.00 platform drivers only to reboot and find a nice blue screen. Well I've installed Vista again and I'd like to avoid catastropic failure this time. So whats the secret?

You may just have to go to the unknown device (SMB) in the device manager and try automatically find drivers while pointing to the Nvidia 15.00 driver folder. I remember getting the BSOD and a reboot right after installing the 15.00 drivers. I just chose load last know good configuration and then manually loaded the RAID and SATA drivers. It seemed at the time that running the 15.00 drivers and having it automatically load the RAID and SATA controller drivers caused the BSOD.

Yes, manual install is the way to go thank you.

I'm having difficulty finding the SM Bus in my device manager though. There is no catagory 'unknown device', hidden or not. How do I locate my SMB?

If there is any devices that are unknown of have an exclamation mark next too it....try to click on update driver and automatically search for best driver. The SMB bus seems to be the last one left after I install all my drivers. If there is no unknown devices showing, then the driver is probably installed.