Sign in to follow this  
Confession

Gaming at higher resolution

Well, i usually play FIFA at 1024x768 on a 17" LCD monitor and recently i changed the resolution to 1280x1024, graphic option set to everything high same as when 1024x768 but somehow on the 1280x1024, there are some lag when accessing those menu in game but somehow when game started it doesnt lag that much not when in 1024x768, what hardware should i upgrade ? The pc spec is the one in my sig. Thanks. :)

1)If you are an occasional gamer with not too high an expectation, go for a better graphics card NVIDIA 8600GT or for a bit more money the ATI Radeon X1950 PRO - see full price band review below.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/2007/07/03/t...y_uk/page3.html

2)Very decent overclock on you CPU with a good cooler and buy an 8800GTS

3)If you want to get into more heavy gaming, say upcoming games eg crysis, HL2 episode 2, quake wars CMR dirt etc... you are going to have to overclock your CPU (or get a dual core and/or overclock that) and you will need 2GB of RAM. Plus obviously a more powerful card like the 8800GTS/X. To be honest I would not do this second option as I would just ditch the socket 939 and go core2 duo/quad with a new set up.

Above in order of how much gaming performance you want.

Well, i usually play FIFA at 1024x768 on a 17" LCD monitor and recently i changed the resolution to 1280x1024, graphic option set to everything high same as when 1024x768 but somehow on the 1280x1024, there are some lag when accessing those menu in game but somehow when game started it doesnt lag that much not when in 1024x768, what hardware should i upgrade ? The pc spec is the one in my sig. Thanks. :)

the honest answer is to get a better video card

if you aren't a hardcore gamer, then get something like an 8600GT (Nvidia) or X1900 or X1950 (ATI).

If you game a lot, but still not what could be considered hardcore, an 8800GTS 320MB would hold you for a few years.

If you are a hardcore gamer, you want something like the 2900XT (ATI) or 8800GTX (Nvidia)

best bang for the buck? X1900XT used or brand new 8600GT.

Besides upgrading the video card, if your getting just a little bit of hitching in game. You can always grab coolbits or something and do an easy OC on your current card that very well could eliminate it.

Sign in to follow this