Sign in to follow this  
kdog

Worth an upgrade to AMD 64 X2?

yay if u check siggys all of us opty users have a desktop mobo

also the opteron has more l2 1mx2 x2 has 512x2 something 2 think about for a very small price diferance

Thanks for the tip on the BIOS clearing. I usually try to do that anyway - reset BIOS, clear CMOS, use single DIMM for initial boot.

Great info on this board!

One more question - are any of you Opteron folks running XP x64, or are you all on Vista already?

You'll find that about 99% of us are running XP still. Better to fight a known evil than an unknown evil :P

Not a lot of people run xp64. Mostly because of crappy driver support. I've ran xp32 and Vista64 on both my current rig and my old Opty rigs.

Same here, I ran XP64 on my Expert/Opty for the 4gb's of Ballistix. I have it entered on the OCDB, but did not see any noticeable increase performance. Still using xp32 on my Opty and C2D gaming rig.

Guest element

Yeah I still have XP64. Only sticking with it because I'm poor :tooth: I need a new VGA. Saving for the 8800GTS.

I get this Opteron 170 for 111€ and the x2 4400 costs about 149€ over here. This is why I choose this Opteron... just because of the price.

Sign in to follow this