Can't boot into Bios

Thank You for the info :) If it doesn't boot after 24 hours I may consider getting another bios chip. Does it have to be soldered? Or do I just plug it in? Thx :)

What BIOS are you on right now? For a dual core you need at least 6/23 as far as I remember correctly. BIOS chip only plug’s in there! I got a brand new one with the 7/04bta BIOS on it which I got a while ago from Tmod. I moved on to C2D so I won’t need it anymore! Give me a PM if you interested. There is few useful links in my sig which may help you! Good luck! :)

EDIT: Here is the tool you need to do it safely (you can do it as well with two small screwdrivers). DFI ships it with the SLI capable boards as the tool to use for changing the jumpers for SLI.

jumperremovalcp0.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never replaced one but I think you just pop it out and stick in the new one. Tmod will have some information I would think.

Tmod's link for purchase. Just PM him or follow any instructions on the post.

You may also try RMA the chip to DFI and have a backup.

Don't give up on the cmos clear ... it can finally take.

Edit: I see HITandRUN may have a deal for you. There are other things PSU, but bios is going to be cheap anyway so no harm and the bios flash that H&R has is supposed to be a good one for Ultra-D.

OK i've up to 27hours of waiting for "long cmos clear". It says in instructions to hold down the "insert" key then "push power button on case". Does it matter which "insert" key I push? There is one on the num pad next to the delete button and also in between the "letter keys" and the "number keys".

After 27 hours, Still nothing happening, guess I have to get another bios chip

:(. I hope nothing is wrong with the board:(.

Let me know if you need the BIOS chip! Brand new and never used with 704bta BIOS on it. 10$ including shipping is my offer! 5$ cheaper than Tmod (Sorry T) :)

I'm almost positive it the bios chip I just saw another post with some1 having the exact problem as me and peeps replied saying it was bios. Thank you for your assistance Sygensmyth:) You helped me get an idea of what was going on :)

Hit And Run I sent you a PM about that Bios chip.

I ran across this that may be worth a try. It is just a little different. One person I noticed had this work when long clear did not.

Try this also

take the memory and cards in slots out;

jumper cmos pins 2/3

remove battery

short out the two poles of the battery holder for 30

seconds

replace the battery

back with the cmos jumper pins 1/2

reinstall video card

reinstall one stick of RAM closest to the CPU

Came from Rgone