Angry needs a lawyer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

ok so I'm still not paid

now im getting pissed

it costs money to file small claims court. I don't have the money to file. I know when I win they have to pay the court costs + whatever judgement against them, but its the money and then the 30-120 days before we actually go to court that has stopped me this far.

I'm really just in need of an attorney that will look at the evidence I have, and write up a letter stating that as of a certain date, I WILL take them to court and so it would be better to just pay me NOW instead of going through all of that, as if I have to take them to court, I'm going to sue for the money they owe + interest (again, it has been since last November...I think I'm due a bit of interest for my wait...a reasonable rate).

So

if anyone is related to or buddies with an attorney, please send them my way to possibly give me some advice etc.

If I don't get this money, I'm not going to be able to pay the server payment coming up at the end of August, and that means the sites will all be down...indefinitely.

Arg that sucks. Are there any law schools in your area? All have free legal help services or can point you in the direction of one. They get pratice and hopefully you get the help you need. The letter to the hockey league regaurding ethics can be far more effective than you think you dont know untill you try. Fines come out of there paycheck embaras. I hate to say it but for some people the only ethics they know is punishment.

News stations can help guide you to resources too if the station gets intreseted people often fall all overthemselves to avid the bad press.

I went through the same kinds of things and it was probibily the best thing that ever happened to me in the end. I learned to cross my t's dot my I's and whatever it took to never ever get in that position again. The attorny general office of you local state can sometimes help too. We pay enough taxes they should help.

Arg that sucks. Are there any law schools in your area? All have free legal help services or can point you in the direction of one. They get pratice and hopefully you get the help you need. The letter to the hockey league regaurding ethics can be far more effective than you think you dont know untill you try. Fines come out of there paycheck embaras. I hate to say it but for some people the only ethics they know is punishment.

News stations can help guide you to resources too if the station gets intreseted people often fall all overthemselves to avid the bad press.

I went through the same kinds of things and it was probibily the best thing that ever happened to me in the end. I learned to cross my t's dot my I's and whatever it took to never ever get in that position again. The attorny general office of you local state can sometimes help too. We pay enough taxes they should help.

Sounds like a great idea! I would try this first!

already tried all this

just looking for an attorney to look at my evidence then write a letter to these chuckleheads to inform them if they don't pay by a certain date they'll definitely be going to small claims.

a letter from an attorney will spur action to completion in about 95% of cases so we don't have to go through all of this nonsense.

I don't feel like having to drive multiple times back up to Boise to file and then go to court even though I'm 100% sure I'm 100% right. Threats by me are doing no good, so maybe if they realize I have a lawyer who is giving me advice and telling them it's gonna go to court then maybe they'll get the xxxx off their asses and take care of it before all of this has to happen.

I'm in a very foul mood over this.

I may have a solution for you...My dad is a partner at Latham & Watkins and I am SURE that he will write a letter for you for free (He isnt a stuck up prick like 95% of the lawyers out there). PM me, or E-mail me and I can help you out.

• 2 weeks later...

well finally after some consultation, I feel a bit more positive. Here's the final email I will send before processing this with the county court clerks. I tried to be as positive and as civil as possible

Mr. Jamie Baker,

I can only assume that after a month of waiting for this check to arrive that it will never arrive. This leads me to conclude that either you or Mr. Mylymok never intended to make good on your word, stated in the email reply below this, that "the check is in the mail".

It is at this point that I sadly regret to inform you that I am giving you 72 hours to have this debt taken care of via Cashier's Check or Money Order, or upon advice from legal counsel, I will file a civil small claims suit in the city of Boise, county of Ada, against Mr. Jeremy Mylymok, with you named as co-defendant (if possible). The fact that you have agreed in writing to resolve this debt and have yet to do so puts this case entirely in my favor. The invoice and previous emails of agreement upon the final price as well as agreements only strengthen my case.

Since Mr. Mylymok is a partner in your company, and more importantly, still has possession of the computer in question as well as being the major broker of this agreement, I will deal with him first as suit must be filed in the county of residence of the defendant. In the meantime, counsel is investigating the most efficient way to bring you before a judge in a civil suit also so that I may recoup the remaining amount owed by you and/or your company. Complicated by your residence in California, I cannot file suit against you directly in the state of Idaho as of yet (small claims). However, counsel is positive that there are many avenues to pursue this matter, with one area possibly involving Interstate Fraud, which will be brought before the Idaho State Attorney General's Office for review:

WIRE FRAUD - 18 USC 1343, It is a Federal crime or offense for anyone to use interstate wire communications facilities (including the internet) in carrying out a scheme to defraud.

This will not hamper my resolve to have the immediate matter brought to completion however. I am awaiting legal advice on the course of action to bring a suit against you for the remaining amount, as well as compensatory interest, court costs, and any possible legal fees. As stated however, Mr. Jeremy Mylymok is within my state of residence, and he will be brought before a judge in civil court first to either pay the remaining amount owed on the computer in question, plus any reasonable interest and court costs, or the return of the computer and all peripherals involved so that I may recoup expenses.

Again, I encourage you to read your own replies to me stating you intend to resolve this manner with payment, which still has yet to arrive. This email, and all previous emails and invoices/contracts will be presented before a small claims judge, along with witnesses who will testify that I spent many hours on the telephone with representatives of Keep Playin' Inc (including you, Jennifer, Jeremy, as well as email replies with webmasters/programmers for Keep Playin' website(s)) as this agreement was being negotiated and finalized.

I am very disappointed that you have failed to hold good on your word that I would be paid in a timely manner. I will, however, do whatever is legally necessary to bring this issue to conclusion. This is such a small nuisance Mr. Baker, why not simply help me resolve this before we have to get judges and attorneys involved?

Travis Hill

http://www.diy-street.com

email address omitted

(208) 320-7571

If this doesn't resolve this, then I have no choice but to pay the fee and the gas to drive back and forth to Boise to get this resolved.

I xxxxing hate lawyers and I xxxxing hate deadbeats, but I hate deadbeats more at the moment and I'll do whatever is necessary to recoup the costs of this entire adventure...

Dont even send a letter of intent.... you kinda give them the heads up of your intentions...

you want to let them know you DO plan to pursue the matter...But DONT explain the details...it only gives them time to higher a bigger lawyer than yours to just stall and play the waiting game...

I dont know if I metioned this or others have...always do a contract and make sure in the contract in your fine writing it does state..."Buyer is responsible for ALL legal fees associated with collecting any debt and any (if applicable) fees neccesary in pusuing collection on said debt"....

your whole intent to take them to court is to catch them unaware...

Thats like playing a video game with us but first telling us all your moves and still expecting to beat us....just aint going to freaking happen boss...

we'll all know your weakness...see what I am saying....nix the letter with the intent part...

Just put you're tired of getting the run around and are ready to escalate this to the next level if payment isnt recieved in 24/48 hours then file suit...

Sure you may have to fork over some money but if you are 100% to win you can add that cost as well as interest for waiting and also ask for wage garnishment...that will make them think twice...ha ha...

Also small claims isnt always a fix...just because the judgment is in your favor doesnt mean they will pay...