Sign in to follow this  
JDMJOSH

Whats everyone using for coolant?

Its about time for me to replace the zalman gm1000 mix I have running in my system so I'm kind of exploring my options right now. It has to be UV reactive but Fluid XP is way to expensive so thats ruled out. Danger den supposedly has some new product called PC Chill coming out that looks like it fits the bill but they havent updated availability on it in 2 months.

what does everyone here use in their rigs?

Do they still do that die thing? I read somewhere that premixed solutions are favored. Well if you find a UV die, you can just mix that with some distiled water, add some radiator anti-corrosion stuff... and some biocide.

I get some Pentosin and mix that with distilled H2O. Comes in UV blue or UV red.

Guest thespin

MCT-40: 1 to 3parts distilled water ... green but not very UV reactive ...

Distilled water and a dash of petstore algaecide. I'm thinking about ordering some stuff from "Petra" though. I'm gettin' kinda' tired of replacing my tygon every few months. (It gets ugly!)

Most additives are for loops with mixed metals. (Aluminium+Brass=Bad) If you avoid mixing metals you really shouldn't need anything other than an algeacide. But be careful on what you pick there. "Petra" will have whatever you need.

I'm using Zerex (kinda dark pink/purple) and a few drops of D-Tek UV dye. Both items are cheap umm errr- inexpensive.