Coolit Eliminator. Any experience?

I'm thinking about picking up a Coolit Eliminator but I've heard lots of good things and lots of bad things. Makes a decision very hard!

From what I can gather it works very well IF you have good ambient temps and IF you keep the TEC's cold by having air run over them. Ambients for me are fine because I live in one of the coldest places in the world, so I'm not worried about that. Placing a fan inside my case to run air over the TEC's is not a problem either.

I have read everything there is to read about the Eliminator on these forums and other forums, but most posts are from awhile ago, so I was wondering if anyone had experience with the Eliminator recently.

Extremeoverclocking, xtremesystems and hardforum all have mixed feelings about this cooler. It seems that most people that have used one have had good results. On the other hand though there are people who say the Coolit coolers are crap and that a water setup will kill it. It's funny though because these particular people have never actually had any experience with the Coolit coolers so it makes me wonder. I also think a lot of these people have current water setups and don't want to throw in a white towel. I mean honestly, they won't stfu about water when someone mentions Coolit.

From all the evidence I can gather these are the conclusions I have drawn. The Coolit coolers are better than all but the best water set ups but need proper ambients, good airflow and a processor that does not exceed a certain heat output in watts. So quad core is a no go on these things unless your running it at stock clocks. This also means though that as you increase your clocks and volts the Coolit coolers, in particular the Eliminator, will quickly run out of cooling headroom.

Anyways, after reading through my post it seems I have answered most of my own questions if what I gather is correct, lol. But I just want someone to confirm my findings and give me a good reason to spend my money!

As I type this I'm running Orthos on my E4300 oc'd to 3.2ghz (356x9).

1.381v Ambient 23 load temps 52-56c. I know some have trashed the Eliminator but it beats every air cooler Iv'e ever had. Including the XP-120 and TTBT with 115cfm Panaflo fans.:nod::nod: