Sign in to follow this  
carholmes

Ultra D won't boot 2 LEDs

Well I just finished installing my new upgrades and did a fresh install of XP. After I get everything up and runninig I find out that there is something wrong with my DVD drive and I cant install drivers and such from a cd. I then shut down and install an old cd drive and now I can't boot up.

I get 2 LEDs on the diagnosis leds. I know that that means there something wrong involving my video card, so I check my PCIE power cable, still only 2 LEDs. I then reseat my video card, and nothing. What should I do?

By the way my new hardware is

opty 165

Corsair 620HX

evga 8800gts 640mb

WD 250Gb HD

I'm not sure what you mean. I'm using the 704-2bta, and have been using it for some time now with no problem.

Do you have any tips or do you know of anything I can do to find the problem or get rid of the problem? The only thing I can think of is that I could get a hold of a diferent video card, pop it in and see if it posts. I asked a friend to borrow me his card. He said he could help me out either later tonight or tommorow.

If I put my friend's working video card and I still get 2 LEDs and no post does that mean there is something wrong with my mobo?

Any other help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I can't go into bios, I get no video, no post or anything, fans spin up but nothing happens. Still stuck on 2 diagnostic leds.

No I didn't clear cmos but I did load optimised defaults. Until I get my friends woking video card I don't know if there is anything I can do

Just thought it may help get you by the video for some strange reason.

You have a great OCDB entry by the way!

Thanks, I hope my new opty is a good OC'er like my sandie. But anyway, do you think doing a long CMOS clear would help at all?

I wouldn't know if long clear would help but so many times I assume one thing is wrong and it is another. I meant just standard clear but I'm sure you did that.

You probably know more about this than I do. But unhook everything and go minimal, 1 stick of ram, no cd-rw and so on. If that and your friend's card does not work, I would definitely do a long clear.

I am interested to see how you do with your 165. I have the same mobo, cpu, memory as you that I am just now setting up. I used the newest factory bios, 0406 I think. I zipped to 2700 with no tweaks at all except 166 divider. I will try to get some more but am totally happy with it as is if need be.

Good luck.

Well right now I'm in the process of doing a long cmos clear. I'm not really expecting much, but it won't hurt.

Well my new opty is a CCBBE 0615EPMW, most people with this stepping usually get around 2.9 on low voltage. The main reason why I bought this cpu is that when I got it from ebay it was new in box so I know no one abused it.