the time has come

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a heatercore is more efficient than a computer intended radiator, but the more airflow the better. 54CFM is a good amount of airflow, as long as it's a quiet and cheap option... My loop has a ~70CFM fan for each 120mm of radiator space and I get adequate cooling with them dialled all the way down on a Vantec Nexus fan controller, I can only guess at about 40 CFM...

ahem.

push pull configs dont really give that much more benefit and its 30$ for more fans, on a 120.3

its better just to get a 120.3 then use a pull config with a spacer shroud in between, but you need to seal all the creavices 100%

so no air gets in there, but through the rad. this way you use 100% of rads surface.

ahem.

push pull configs dont really give that much more benefit and its 30$ for more fans, on a 120.3

its better just to get a 120.3 then use a pull config with a spacer shroud in between, but you need to seal all the creavices 100%

so no air gets in there, but through the rad. this way you use 100% of rads surface.

deff a good idea. i used silicone adhesive sealant http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...ilicone&doy=2m7 , it made it sound a bit quieter to.

good luck saint-f, if it all goes together without a hickup its quite good fun. enjoy dude.

also a good idea is to get some old cheap 120 fans and rip the fan out and use it as a shroud it'll increase the air flow and cut down on the noise.

I ordered a heater core and a shroud to go with it so no need for that kind of thing.

P.S. I ordered these parts from DD and I paid for 3 day shipping. They are scheduled to arrive after 8 days according to the UPS tracking number I got from them. I am going to give them hell in the morning.

Just something to remember when dealing with them. That is damn sloppy business.

I ordered a heater core and a shroud to go with it so no need for that kind of thing.

P.S. I ordered these parts from DD and I paid for 3 day shipping. They are scheduled to arrive after 8 days according to the UPS tracking number I got from them. I am going to give them hell in the morning.

Just something to remember when dealing with them. That is damn sloppy business.

Don't forget; you paid for 3 business day shipping service, weekends and holidays don't count and neither does the day they picked it up. On top of that; UPS is slow and usually takes a day longer than FedEx does.

Check (if when you omit the weekend, holiday (4th July Duh) and the date of pickup) how many days it's in transit; if it's still more than 3 days, I'd give UPS hell.

according to UPS the expected delivery date was 10 days after I placed my order. Which is considerably longer than 3 days including the holiday and so forth.

Then b**** at UPS; if they're saying that it was shipped ground, then Complain to DD.

I was mistaken. I did order from DD but they shipped my order correctly. It's petra's tech shop who messed up the order. Every one remember this. I'm in the process of giving them hell.

I've ordered from Petras and never had any issues.