is my power supply enough?

see my sig. i just put the 8800GTS in there, and i got nothing on the screen. the monitor light just keeps blinking. the fan took a few seconds to start up as well, which i thought was pretty strange.

i'm going to try and RMA it.

i had the power cable plugged into the card (i have a 7800GTX in there right now which is working fine). the extra 4-pin power cable is NOT plugged in to the connector on the motherboard right near the first PCIe slot (i thought it was for SLI only... anyway i tried it with that plugged in too and still no difference).

A Trio 650 should be able to put out more than enough power for your setup even if you had a GTX in it. So I'd guess it was the card not the PSU.

Perhaps you should give reseating the card a try if you haven't already.

the extra 4-pin power cable is NOT plugged in to the connector on the motherboard right near the first PCIe slot (i thought it was for SLI only... anyway i tried it with that plugged in too and still no difference).

Not just for SLi; but also for more stability when using high-powered GFX cards.

I'd say you should make sure that all power connections to the MB have been made and also clear the CMOS when swapping the cards.

Not just for SLi; but also for more stability when using high-powered GFX cards.

I'd say you should make sure that all power connections to the MB have been made and also clear the CMOS when swapping the cards.

is it required for an 8800GTS?

i had that plugged in the first time i booted up with the 8800GTS and it didn't do anything. i thought maybe having it plugged in fried the card or something.

Clear your CMOS, use the link under my sig and follow it exactly.

I bet you a dollar it will work.:)

And follow these folks' advice, always always always make sure you have all 3 power connections plugged into your expert.

4-pin floppy, 24 pin atx and 8 pin EPS.

Clear your CMOS, use the link under my sig and follow it exactly.

I bet you a dollar it will work.:)

And follow these folks' advice, always always always make sure you have all 3 power connections plugged into your expert.

4-pin floppy, 24 pin atx and 8 pin EPS.

I don't see why that would make a difference in this case? I'll try it tomorrow. I don't have a PS2 keyboard though, only USB. = It's always worked for me in the BIOS before though.

Also, on the nvidia forums, people tell me the fan on their 8800GTS powers up instantly, not after a few seconds like mine. Making me further believe the card is messed up somehow.

When I had my expert every single time I replaced any piece of hardware I cleared my cmos, you might be surprised and besides, it can't hurt to try it.:)

God, I miss that board....

just great, the new 8800GTS doesn't work either. same problem. i press power and the card sits there for like 5 full seconds before fan starts spinning, and nothing on the monitor.

i removed the battery and had the CMOS jumper set for about an hour. i didn't bother looking for the pc speaker jumper because i'm assuming it's already set to on by factory default. i don't have a ps2 keyboard, i'm using a usb one.

i don't understand why it's doing this. my 7800GTX works fine. (all 3 power connectors are plugged into the motherboard)