Sign in to follow this  
AustinGamer

History Channel Civil War Game

i have had my rig built for a couple of years now with absolutely no problems. BUT, i did put it us away in storage for about 10 months. Everything was in mint condition and booted right up.

the game starts and looks fine but once i move all of the shading, silohuettes,etc for the whole screen are in the first quadrant.

its almost like having a picture in picture situation with the smaller picture being made up of silohuettes.

any help would be obliged. as you can see from my previous posts that im am a newbie at best and if it wasnt for this site i would not have finished my rig

Have you played this game before with no problems on your machine or is this a new install? The game was published a couple of years ago so there should be a patch or 2 available.

OFP has a Civil War mod/total conversion available here . You can pick up Operation Flashpoint Game of The Year edition (means allot less patching) for about $15 new on amazon or possibly cheaper in the bargain bin at your local software retailer. I have heard really good things about the mod and I am waiting for an ArmA version to be released

if you've had it stored for 10 months or so, make sure you update video drivers, sound drivers, and get the latest DirectX update

this is most likely the problem