Looking to loose about 5C or better

I went ahead and went back to squre one as ive been having freezup's in the middle of the night.we are runing at stock at 35idle to 45full load The idle temp is what has got me confused ive never seen a idle temp that high. At 2800mhz a 800mhz OC im running at 37idel to about 55/56 load. And ive been more worried about the idle temp than the load temp. BA

I went ahead and went back to squre one as ive been having freezup's in the middle of the night.we are runing at stock at 35idle to 45full load The idle temp is what has got me confused ive never seen a idle temp that high. At 2800mhz a 800mhz OC im running at 37idel to about 55/56 load. And ive been more worried about the idle temp than the load temp. BA

55/56 is a little high, but 45? Your 170 is going to load at least 45 no matter what, barring a CoolIT Freezone or something. But at least with a Tuniq, it will probably idle mid-40s even overclocked, and not 55/56.

OK im down to 2500 and testing now. But what I wanted to tell you about is Im not only fighting a new CPU but I went from useing 2X1Gig stick's of GSkill 500 to using 4X1Gig I think I was useing the orange slot's to begin with.I also found the thermal throttling turned on in the bio's and turned it off. Im having a hard time deciding if im freezing up because of heat and to much voltage or lac of voltage with excessive clock's speed. So im back to 2.5 and am bringing up the voltage a llittle at a time. I went from 1.328 to 1.344 and will bring it up alittle untill it stops freezing up. Im beginning to wonder if I got sent a green processor. This board was running a 3700sandy and a 2X4200 just fine for the lsst 2 year's at 2.8 just fine. BA

EDIT I am up to 2.7gig right now i skipped 2.6 but I had 2.5 running ok. One thing I wanted to ask is at 2.7 im running the cpu set at 1.400 and auto % and it's showing up as 1.376 in CPUz is that normall. BTW the temp at 100%is 49/51C and hasent froze up yet on me as I type this out it's been running about a hour. No Im just used to seeing my idel temp's at 27/28C idel no matter what my Vcore is. BA

More Info-Locked up after 18 hour'sat 2.8Gig-- 12 at 100% and the last 6 just doing normal stuff, I was listening to a audio book and reading up on newer Heatsink's and fan's. The temp at lockup was about 37/38 at probably 5to10%cpu usage. So I backed it down to 2700 at the same vcore and temps so far. This is just another good excuse to buy that Tuniq tower. What ive been noticeing is the last few time's it has locked up it has happened when at idle or close to it and not under load. Dose that suggest anything to anybody? BA--It locked up at the setting's in my sig. Ill change it tonight.