DiRT

mentul

Found my game stopped crashing after I set the card back to default clock speeds. For some reason, my video cards OC works perfectly fine in all other games except for this one. Oh well, still runs absolutely fabulous at stock speeds anyway :tooth:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it at 1680x1050 max settings (dunno about AA i just clicked max and 4got to looks) and i dont have a way to check fps but the game had no lag and ran ultra smooth and seemed very quick with no slowdowns.

but to get to my point, do anyone know if it's possible to edit some files and make all the cars available in all tracks? i'd really like to try that out if anyone knows a way. thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone having graphical flickering and corruption? I am having serious problems with mine. All the cars flicker rapidly and it still run like crap. Time to pick up an 8800GTX I guess.

what are your settings, i have everything on high 1680x1050 4xAA . if i goto ultra i get some problems with the shadows and something else but i cant remember

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone patched to 1.2 yet?. How are people getting on with this game. Are the big bugs sorted?

What about the problems with incomatability with Nero/daemon tools on your PC aswell?

Run OK on an 8800GTS320?

Marco.

So I got CRM Dirt, pathced to 1.1 and started playing. Maxed/Ultra on my 8800GTS smooth as butter.BUT.........

The game is .. The controlls a terrible. On my joypad the steering is either underresponsive or oversaturated. The gameplay is terrible.

The menu system is as flashy as Vista and just as .. For some reason there is no option in the menu system to control the cursor with a gamepad so you are stuck using the keys for the menu which is a royal pain in the arse if you a re 4ft away from you keyboard. WTF??? TOCA and CMR5 you can controll the menu with the joypad.

I tried playing online and for some reason all the controlls go dead as soon a s th rae starts. Anyone had this problem?. No keyboard/joypad/mouse??!!

If anyone knows what I am doing wrong then tell me so I can let codemasters of the hook. Otherwise it's back to TRD3.

Marco

Toca Race Driver 3 is to date the best racing game I have ever played. It is really incredible. The open wheel career mode is great fun. You start off in a go kart and work your way up various championchips to the biggies, F1 cars etc. Same with the touring car career. I went back to this game 3 times before I got bored of it (that must be a bout 6 weeks of solid gaming!!)

There is also a word tour mode that puts you in tiers with random races. Anything from the 70's V8 cars to the 30's open wheel to truck racing!

It does have a ralley mode but it really isn't a ralley game. You are racing against MANY other cars. Great fun.

Best ralley game I have played is still CMR 2 (pc only) Have not tried Burns on a console yet.

The graphics are excellent aswell. Couldn't max out on my old 6600GT but you can on anything 6800GT or newer.

Marco.