DiRT

mentul

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest r3d c0m3t

It might be due to the fact I haven't patched the game, yet, but DiRT absolutely KILLS my rig, at my monitor's native res (1680x1050) I only get about 3fps....3FPS! :eek2:

I'll see what happens after I patch the game, if the results don't improve I'll have to play at a lower resolution and hope to get an 8800GTX for Christmas. :sweat:

It might be due to the fact I haven't patched the game, yet, but DiRT absolutely KILLS my rig, at my monitor's native res (1680x1050) I only get about 3fps....3FPS! :eek2:

I'll see what happens after I patch the game, if the results don't improve I'll have to play at a lower resolution and hope to get an 8800GTX for Christmas. :sweat:

The demo really bogged down my 7900GT; had to drop down the graphics quite a bit to get is semi-playable. I dropped in a single 8800GTX and it worked like a charm with everything maxed out.

Guest r3d c0m3t

I patched to 1.2 yesterday, and I've got to say not much has changed. I'm only seeing at best, a very modest 5-7fps increase. DiRT still kills my rig, but I am playing at 1280x720, so at least it still looks good.

Let's hope for an 8800GTX or an HD2900 XT for Christmas, possibly two for the latter and a new PSU! :sweat: