DiRT

mentul

i tried the trd3 demo and it seemed to be running at a million fps. seemed like the game was playing on fast forward. anyone have any idea? any movements i made driving were amplified by hundreds. and also if i pressed anything on the keyboard, say typing my name it'd tipe 5-10 on the letters with me just tapping the key. it seemed like a good game but i cant get it to run properly

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone using a gamepad, try setting the deadzone to 35% ish - it cuts down the madly steering swinging car!!

I just hope they patch the game so you can controll the menu with the gamepad. Oh - and the random crashes that lock up my PC occasionally during the menu screen!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to be patient with the game and give it a chance - got the xbox 360 controller configured OK on my PC and i'm trying to sort the control settings as the steering is a ****ING NIGHTMARE: (HANDLING............not F***ING!!!!!:-)

Does anyone have an explanation of steering: deadzone, saturation and linearity? I googled: steering saturation linearity deadzone and got a buch of confused people on forums with no definitive answers!!

The only one i am sure about is deadzone - the amount you can move the stick before the steering starts to react. (20% seems OK for this game with the xbox pad.) Linearity doesn't seem to do much and saturation seems to make the driver start to throw the wheel quicker the lower the number(%).

Help!!!

Marco.

Wheels can be a classy lady to set up with some game/wheel combos...

If the steering is set completely linear, the steering ratio remains constant throughout the turn cycle.

Non-linear settings will have a lower ratio at the center, then increase through out the turn. This, depending on the game, usually makes it much easier to drive, & usually negates needing any Deadzone.

Have you tried any other car games with that wheel? Or is it a gamepad.

oh - Saturation - ?? might be a damping effect to smooth out quick movements of the controller?

Strange thing is I've been playing racing (rally and track) for years now on the PC and never had problems like this before! TOCA 3 and CMR 5 were superb with my previous microsoft joypad. When I played CMR Dirt with the same joypad it was a disaster. Apparently the game is best played with the XBOX 360 controller (presuming you don't have a wheel which is of course the frist choice!!).

Marco.

i brought this game and i just cant get it to run in vista. i keep getting the "Emulation software detected error" even though i am NOT running any emulation software and then it asks for a cd key (i cant find it anywhere). I am downloading the 1.2 patch to see if that would help.

This game runs flawlessly on my rig with a 360 controller. I do however have a HTPC that I play this game on as well and it doesn't run well at all. IMy brother uses an old sidewinder controller and the menu does not work with the controller, but the rest of the game is fine.

i brought this game and i just cant get it to run in vista. i keep getting the "Emulation software detected error" even though i am NOT running any emulation software help.

Have you gto Daemon tools, Alcohol or Nero INCD running?

Have you got 2 DVD/CD drives?

In your browser how many CD devices are listed?

Marco.

• 4 weeks later...