DS3 Keeps Booting From Floppy

I am putting together my new Core2Duo setup together and I am trying to install Windows but I can't get it to boot from the CD. I have checked all boot devices and I have even hit f12 to boot from CD but it keeps trying to boot from A: and then gives me the message: DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND RESTART. Any ideas?

I am putting together my new Core2Duo setup together and I am trying to install Windows but I can't get it to boot from the CD. I have checked all boot devices and I have even hit f12 to boot from CD but it keeps trying to boot from A: and then gives me the message: DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND RESTART. Any ideas?

There is another option in the bios, something along the lines of "always boots from floppy". I couldn't tell you where it's at, but damn I was pissed off at that message until I found it.

Hope that helps...

Was this with your revision 3.3? I can't seem to find that option anywhere.

I am using f12 BIOS. It's possible maybe that the board had it enabled in BIOS and when I went to update to f12 it kept it enabled but f12 doesn't have the option to enable/disable it. What BIOS are you using?

There should be a heading named boot settings or boot options.

On the main BIOS page you also should see your hard drives listed, if it isn't you may not have it properly installed.

Double check your cable and power connectors and such.

Have you set RAID options in your BIOS? Are your harddrives connected to the purple SATA ports?

On a DS3 you must use the purple ports for RAID.

Was this with your revision 3.3? I can't seem to find that option anywhere.

I am using f12 BIOS. It's possible maybe that the board had it enabled in BIOS and when I went to update to f12 it kept it enabled but f12 doesn't have the option to enable/disable it. What BIOS are you using?

Double checked and it looks like I was thinking of the Biostar board I've been playing with, sorry.

Go with what the King has suggested.

There should be a heading named boot settings or boot options.

On the main BIOS page you also should see your hard drives listed, if it isn't you may not have it properly installed.

Double check your cable and power connectors and such.

Have you set RAID options in your BIOS? Are your harddrives connected to the purple SATA ports?

On a DS3 you must use the purple ports for RAID.

Yah, I looked over everything again and again last night. I think the Mobo is hooped but I am gonna try some different BIOS versions and see if I can get any results. Also going to try and put a DOS boot disk in and then try and run the Windows CD from the command prompt.

I've tried different BIOS and it wasn't the problem. Also tried a CMOS clear but still no go.

I tried booting from CD using the optimized settings in BIOS and then also tried disabling the SATA/AHCI settings that I didn't need but I still can't get anywhere.

I really just think its a faulty mobo because no matter what boot order I put into bios it ALWAYS tries to boot from floppy and gives me the message: DISK BOOT FAILURE yadda yadda. Even when I pull up the boot order screen using F12 and selecting CDROM it still tries to boot from FDD. I'm still gonna try and make a DOS boot disk and see what happens, but even if I manage to access the CDROM that way the mobo will still try and boot from FDD even after Windows is installed.

No it's IDE. I also tried another IDE CD drive to see if it was the problem but it made no difference. The mobo has been packed and is ready to be sent for RMA.

My guess is either the mobo is faulty or the IDE port is dead. Tried different versions of BIOS and CMOS clears to no avail so...