Swiftech MCW-6002 VS Swiftech Apogee

I'm not sure what info to take in, so I'm a little confused as to which of these blocks would perform better... I know the Apogee (which I got from Snowpro) cools just fine, but I noticed it warps my mobo slightly while installed... I've read that the 6002 sucks, but also that a lot of people botch the install and have it upside down... I was wondering if anyone had some light to shine on this for me!I don't want to switch it out if it's not a better block... I got the 6002 as part of a bundle, so I didn't pay squat for it, lol... $90 for a D5 pump, this block, a bunch of clamps, a Bonneville heatercore, a Maze4 GPU block and 4 Panaflos... oh and some extra bits and pieces...

umm.. board warpage is due to you tightening too much

play around with the block when its installed. and in bios or something

tighten or loosen screws and see which gives best temps.

i myself dont use the original screws to mount the apogee

i mount it DD style with extra long screws, that are nutted to the board so it looks like erect lamp posts.

then , using the DD style tightening nut or similar , with the swiftech springs, works like a charm.

umm.. board warpage is due to you tightening too much

play around with the block when its installed. and in bios or something

tighten or loosen screws and see which gives best temps.

i myself dont use the original screws to mount the apogee

i mount it DD style with extra long screws, that are nutted to the board so it looks like erect lamp posts.

then , using the DD style tightening nut or similar , with the swiftech springs, works like a charm.

Basically the same as the mounting hardware that came with my Strom Rev2 as well as the Apogee GT I installed in my prof's rig.

• 4 weeks later...

I changed the fittings, some were in the wrong bagie that came with the block :rolleyes: it was labeled socket 754 fittings or something, I sorted it out, got the springs on there, it sits flat now... I'm gonna stick with what have for now, no sense in changing it out just to drap a degree, the config I have gets me to GGG at good temps :-)

any mod feel free to close/delete this thread :-)

@Unknown: Watercooling Yay!! The 6002 along with it's cousins (5000's) are vaunted as the very best blocks for tec cooling. If you can get 1 cheap go ahead.(It may prove useful somewhere) Apogees? The Gt I have on the LP-B seems to work ok. It's a fairly nice "low preasure drop" block. Proforms about as well as anything else.(+- a c or 2.) I would have prefered a storm on this cpu.(Single core no IHS) But whatever. It seems to work pretty good. Modern mid-range to high end water blocks. You won't see big diff. (If I hit the lotto I'm gettin' a G-7! LOL)

Edit: Have ya got er' up and cooling? Hows it doing?