Contracting in the Air Force... Anyone?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LookBackX2

One way to solidify your MOS whatever the AF calls it or job, in layspeek is to demand that you get an assignment for your job's schooling before you sign up.

When I joined the Army I didn't want the runaround either, so that's what I did. Got a date for schooling set. If you don't, the clause "for the best interests of the military" yada yada yada can bite you in the but.

On the other hand, most of the info I hear about the AF is pretty good. They tend to take better care of their servicemen.

Good luck with your career if you turn your service time into one, and gratz on bagging your lady.

Yeah, that's why I'm waiting til October to leave, because it coincides with tech school... 8 weeks will have me finishing basic right before Christmas, and then starting tech right after christmas...

They do a pretty good job of taking care of you int he AF, you're right... 100% tuition assistance is enough for me, lol and Contracting is a job they are more than willing to let you go to school for... I already have the british equivalent of a Business Management Certificate too, so that'll help...

And General, it is called the Luftwaffe... but I'm not German... :wink:

the Air Force is pretty tough and treat their guys right...I know a guy that didnt take it serious though and it took him 8 full months to get thru basic training...

He almost made it a few times and smarted off and he had to start all over from the beginning again...that'll teach ya...

8 months!!!!!???!!! I thought you could only wash back like 3 times and they gave you the boot with a dishonorable discharge! lol 8 months... sure as hell not happening to me!!! I'll make it first time... no doubt about it. I know some of these guys are fresh outta high school, and think they're on top of the world...but I've grown up and settled down a lot in the last 6-7 years...

I just thought, I'm gonna spend my 25th birthday in boot camp... lol

You've just got to post a pic of yourself in Boot Camp with those "birth control" glasses. Every once in a while some kid would take a liking to them and show up at Tech School still wearing them.

Let me know if you end up down at Keesler AFB for some training. I'll show you the coast.

If I had gotten the job I wanted, I would have been at Keesler for tech, but for contracting, tech is at Lackland... so i don't go anywhere after basic, lol... I don't need glasses, so i won't get a pair, but i'll try to get a pic of me wearing some when i can... I might see if I can score a pair just because they're cool, lol

8 months!!!!!???!!! I thought you could only wash back like 3 times and they gave you the boot with a dishonorable discharge! lol 8 months... sure as hell not happening to me!!! I'll make it first time... no doubt about it. I know some of these guys are fresh outta high school, and think they're on top of the world...but I've grown up and settled down a lot in the last 6-7 years...

I just thought, I'm gonna spend my 25th birthday in boot camp... lol

yes...this kid went thru I think a total of 6 times before he got his act together...he had gotten into a little trouble with the Police before he got to boot camp...I think he had been in a little trouble before or had a small record...anyhow I am sure some how either the police knew someone or the judge wanted to see this kid straightened out and all it took was contact with the right person...I heard they were a little tougher on this kid because of his lack of respect for others...

He was a real wise acre and thought the world owed him everything...I think he sees it different now...?

Lots of good ops for AF in the contracting world. Can do anything from Bio-Chem to Space Ops to Missles. Basically anything and everything. Enjoy!