Comp wont power on if I plug in Seagate SATA

My current config is in my sig. I want upgrade from IDE to SATA drives and make a RAID-0. So I bought 2 Seagate Barracuda 320gb harddrives. When I disconnected my previous IDE's and hooked up the two sata drives, my comp wont power on at all, but with my current setup everything boots up fine.

I tried to plug in one sata drive along with my current setup and found out that as long as the power is plugged into the sata drive, my comp wont boot. Any ideas on whats going on?

-Thanks

Uh, a quick question....

Have you enabled Sata in the bios? There are a few settings that may need reviewage....................

Also, just so you will know, more than likely your new drives are not formatted, and that in itself can cause some problems.......

And you may want to cruise this link RE: DFI power supplies...

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread...ht=power+supply

Specifically, your particular PS is NOT listed as a DFI acceptable unit, you may want to check further on the PS with a simple search here.

good luck,

laterz

Yes I have sata enabled in the bios. How can I format them if my comp wont power on with them connected? I got my psu before that psu topic was updated to remove my psu. However, I've never had an issue with it other then this sata drive situation.

Ive tried 1 sata and 2 satas, with vid card connected and it wont power on. but my current setup (with alot more connected) is just fine.

Yeah I wouldn't be so fast to blame the PSU in this case. 500 watts should be more than plenty for his hardware. And if it is stable with his current hardware he should be able to remove two ide drives and add two sata drives just fine.

Have you tried pugging in the power to the sata drive but leave the sata cable disconnected? This would help determine if it is a bios setting or the PSU. Though to be honest I've never heard of any setting that would stop you from being able to power up your comp just by only adding a sata drive.....

May be a problem with the SATA power connector; i.e. mis wired, causing a short when it's connected to the HDD. if the HDD also has a molex connector try using that instead; or try a molex to SATA power adapter.

Well the simplest way to check it is to disconnect everything from you mobo but the one drive and try to boot up! If its still going to give you a problem than I think it is not the PSU since it powers all the other stuff in your rig just fine. :)