Sony dvd drive

TVFREAKAZOID

For some reason my sony dvd drive is not able to read my dvd's or cd. I have some programs burned to a dvd and I can't access them. It use to work but now it's not reading it anymore. Any help would be great.:eek:

Try a bunch..Not just yours either.. Get a few dvds and cd's (prerecorded too) from a friend and try them.. If they dont read either its probably the end of the line:(

Agreed! After that show that thing the garbage can and go with LITE-ON my friend! :)

Agreed! After that show that thing the garbage can and go with LITE-ON my friend! :)

Damn just like that end of the line??? This really sucks. I had that drive for about 3 yrs or so. I wonder if it's still under warranty? SO what's so great about lite on? Isn't that brand a lower end? What do you think about plextor? I actually have a plextor drive but it's only a cd drive and not a dvd. Well thanks for the help guys. Later. C you at the CS world woot woot!

I have two lite on drives that have been used for years and whenever I run into a disk my newer samsung burners can't rip either lite on rips right through it. Never had a problem with nec or benq either though.

Try a bunch..Not just yours either.. Get a few dvds and cd's (prerecorded too) from a friend and try them.. If they dont read either its probably the end of the line:(

This is going to sound weird. After I tried putting in a regular dvd movie and a cd music that wasn't copied it worked fine. Then I put in my burned dvd and cd music and it's reading it now. I don't get why it did that. Any ideas?

problems like that usually stem from where the laser tries to find the beginning of the disc, maybe the laser couldn't find a focus point on the copied discs, but after the normal discs it was closer and was able to find the beginning & TOC... on copied discs, giving the disc a faint smudge around the inside of the written part of the disc can sometimes help, especially on older CD players with audio discs... People find it funny when i rub my finger next to my nose, rub the disc and magically the unplayable disc now plays... good party trick :-) lol

problems like that usually stem from where the laser tries to find the beginning of the disc, maybe the laser couldn't find a focus point on the copied discs, but after the normal discs it was closer and was able to find the beginning & TOC... on copied discs, giving the disc a faint smudge around the inside of the written part of the disc can sometimes help, especially on older CD players with audio discs... People find it funny when i rub my finger next to my nose, rub the disc and magically the unplayable disc now plays... good party trick :-) lol

This is off topic but you seem you know a thing or 2 about pc's. By any chance do you use firefox? If so, I plan on doing a fresh install and I want to keep all my bookmarks that i have saved and the downloads or add ons features that firefox has. Is there anyway to save the add ons so that way I can re-paste it back into the firefox folder so, I don't lose any of the features.

This is off topic but you seem you know a thing or 2 about pc's. By any chance do you use firefox? If so, I plan on doing a fresh install and I want to keep all my bookmarks that i have saved and the downloads or add ons features that firefox has. Is there anyway to save the add ons so that way I can re-paste it back into the firefox folder so, I don't lose any of the features.

Well there are guides on how to do it but if you browse to your application data folder in documents and settings under your user name there is a mozilla folder that contains all that stuff.

http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile#locate