Quick Question for people in the UK!

coroder

Anyone from the UK know of anywhere were I would be able to purchase (online ofc cause i live up in the middle of nowhere) a CPU with a specific stepping.

Ive tried a few places and asked but they cant gaurantee which stepping i get :sad:

Or if you or anyone you know is selling a E6600 and can provide the stepping ill certainly be interested :)

Thanks,

Coroder

Yeah i was going to but i see theres a few people already looking for the same cpu but not had any luck yet. If there is any going then to be honest i would feel better if they had the chance to buy them first.

I would prefer going to an actual seller though so if theres any issues with it breaking or me needing a refund or anything of the sort then its all that bit easier to do (most of them time anyway, lol).

I don't think any seller in the UK will offer that kind of service. I've heard rumours that there might be companies on the Continent that offer a stepping service.

I have had some good results from traders on Ebay when asking about steppings and such - insist on a picture though especially if its a private sale.

Some UK e-tailers used to offer specific steppings a few years ago, but not now. It could be done because Opteron boxes have a window that allows you to see the stepping. I could be wrong, but i don't think Intel boxes have a window that allows you to see the stepping. Obviously no e-tailer is going to open all his cpu's to find what stepping they have. As mentioned E-bay is a place to look at, also if you are a member at overclockers uk, the members market is a good place to look.

I could be wrong, but i don't think Intel boxes have a window that allows you to see the stepping.

If I remember correctly they do have a window. But even if they don't all of the stepping info is written on the box. At least for my e4300 it was. I'm pretty sure all of the C2D's have it written on the box. So if you can go to a local store that sells cpu's you could probably look for the steppings yourself before you buy. I honestly wouldn't even worry about it unless you have some highend cooling to reach anything above 3.4ghz. 3ghz on a C2D is more than plenty to handle anything you can throw at it and I havent heard of a C2D that can't reach 3ghz.