Gmail password recovery

General Septem

A few months ago I changed my Gmail password. I had been using the same password for everything but I realized this was a bad idea.

Trouble is, I came up with a real good password to replace it. And five minutes later I forgot it.

It was alright for the time being since Firefox remembered it. But today I went to login to my blogger account, which I haven't in ages, and I always forget my login info for that.

I get there and it wants me to login to my Gmail account. No problem, right? Firefox filled it in automatically. I press "login" and nothing happens. So I try entering in my old password, thinking the login info for Blogger is different than for my email.

Big mistake.

Now Firefox keeps automatically remembering the last password I enter. For some ungodly reason, Firefox is no longer asking me if I want it to remember passwords, it just took the liberty. So every time I try a different password, it just remembers it. I wonder where the coders at Mozilla bought their crack from.

There's no way in hell I'm remembering this password. It was, from what I remember, some kind of convoluted neo-Cryllic thing, or some kind of what might as well be complete gibberish anyway.

I have two leads. My correct password is still remembered in Gmail Notifier. Moreover, if there's a way of retrieving overwritten password information from Firefox, that's another possibility.

I'm counting on Notifier though. Does anyone know how I can retrieve my password from Gmail Notifier? I really don't want to have to wait five days to get my password back.

Thanks in advance. :D

the reason firefox seems to not remember your passwords is because you are a usually on a different page

let me explain

if you go to diy-street.com/forum/register.php (example), and you put in your login info, Firefox will ask you if it should remember

lets say down the road, you come to the same address, but put in a different login or different password for existing login that Firefox remembers. It will then ask if you want to change the password that it remembers, or save the new login/pass if you used a different name.

however if you put in the wrong password, or anything wrong, it takes you to a different page saying "login incorrect or password incorrect"

since this is a different URL but at the same domain, Firefox generally won't ask to save passwords, or it will ask if you want to save the login/pass that you just put in.

I have the same thing happen to me all the time when I cannot remember a login or password, and once you get off the main page that Firefox remembered the details from, it either confuses the browser or it purposely doesn't ask to save the details.

that's my experience anyway

you can go to Forefox tools -> options -> security and in the password field click show passwords, and that will give websites and their associated logins/pwords, how many there might be. Which combo is actually correct, thats up to you :P

you can go to Forefox tools -> options -> security and in the password field click show passwords, and that will give websites and their associated logins/pwords, how many there might be. Which combo is actually correct, thats up to you :P

The problem with that is it only shows the last password entered. So if you enter a different one, it overwrites.

if the last valid one you entered an saved is listed, then no worries. Otherwise, have fun i guess.

huh...I didn't realize that Firefox doesn't ask anymore...I thought it just asked when the remembered one was different than the one you just entered.

I stand corrected!