Problems with memory

Hey, hello!

A long time since I've got no troubles with my DFI motherboard, but now it's starting a new story!

Well... I have two DDR400 memory, a Corsair VS one (Slot 1) and an OCZ one (Slot 3), both 256 MB, and as CPU-Z said, working in Dual Channel.

Now I bought another memory, a DDR400 OCZ Gold Edition, 512 MB, to put on Slot 2. So, when I did that, the motherboard sounded a long beep and the PC didn't start. At first, I was thinking about an issue with new memory, but then I rearranged them all and works fine, ONLY if I leave Slot 2 empty!! Even with my two old ones, working in Slot 2 I've got the error beep.

Does anyone know what is happening? Is there any SETUP configuration that should be done?

Thanks again!

[]'s

Well it might be a memory incompatibility issue. Did you test Slot_2 alone with 1 single ram stick?

Did you load "Optimized Defaults" and save and tried to boot?

Sometimes is good to try this:

- Place memories;

- Keep pressing "Insert" key;

- Boot the PC and go to BIOS then Load Optimized Defaults;

- Save and Exit;

- If PC boots get in BIOS again and try to load your customized options.

Hello Elano! Thanks for answer me! I'll write here in English 'cause of others users, but I'm brazilian too!

So... now I did more deep tests, and it's not really a slot problem... I've tested each slot, with every memory combination, and no problems with any 1 or 2... only with 3 memories.

In BIOS, everything around memory is default or optimal, nothing modified by me... I really don't understand what's happening!

Here is the specification of each memory:

:: Corsair Value Select VS256MB400

:: OCZ Premier Series OCZ400256P (2.5-3-3-7)

:: OCZ Gold Edition OCZ4001024ELDCGE-K (2-2-2-5)

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

Well... no success with memories yet... now I saw that the problem is with Slot 1 and Slot 2, because if I put any 2 memories there, the PC didn't start. Even the two 256 MB ones... I think now it's a board problem.

Does anyone have this problem to??

[]'s

for dual channel you would need the 2x 256 in the first channel,and the 512stick in the second channel.youll also need to change command rate in the bios to 2t or command rate off for that 512 stick. if 2 is out,put 512 in 1 and 2x256 in 3+4.

• 2 months later...

This is a timely post, because I was just trying to revive my DFI NF2 Infinity Ultra for use as a server. I installed 2x512 and 1x1024 in different slot combinations (first with 2x512 in Channel 1 and 1x1024 in Channel 2) and then other combinations. I changed the command per clock timing to 2T and even tried relaxing the CAS and other timings (even though all memory was CAS2). The system booted and appeared to run fine, but it failed the stress tests (e.g. OCCT).

Memory sticks ran by themselves, but not all three together. I ended up returning the 1GB stick and the system is still running well with 2x512 in Channel 1 slots.

Any other suggestions would be very much appreciated.

if i remember correctly the infiniti like the lanparty were not quite as firebreathing in the A revision as the B. I dont think they have the modded bios choices of the B revisions either. Unfortunately dual sided sticks of the

512 persuasion prohibit high clocks with 2T command rate.Dual channel with

1 gig sticks i dont think would work,though never tried it.

There was only ever one revision of the infinity to my knowledge ;), it was called A but in fact was the sister to the LPB,,,,,,,,,there was a LPA but not a A and B of the INfinity, only the A which is actually the B, LOL if that makes sense.

Logan