Bring an 8 core Mac Pro to its knees?

Devil 07

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

update: Mac guy is getting scared of what might happen to his beloved Mac when I get my hands on them. Hehehe......be afraid mac guy, be very afraid.

HeHe

MAC Guy: {quiver} WTF are you doing there?

Devil_07: Relax, It's just a torture test; any solid rig will handle it.

MAC Guy: You'd better not do it; I don't want it being broken.

Anyone know if running Prime 95 is possible in a virtual environment? Now that he knows what I'm gonna do to this thing he is trying to get out of installing WinXP with boot camp on a separate partition.

I'm not a Mac fanboy or anything...but they actually are pretty decent machines. I like the fact that OSX is all based on Unix so you can run pretty much any linux app on it if you compile it. I got my hands on one of their laptops for awhile...that is the most solidly built laptop I've ever had the pleasure of using.

I think they are great machines too. First chance I got to play with one was when the black Mac Books came out. Put WinXP on one for a friend using Parallels and it runs great. Just the press of a key and you could use either OSX or WinXP.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I thank you all for your suggestions, but I have sacred the crap outta our IT guy. He is no longer gonna let me run any of the test I wanted to on them. But the plus side is I have really made him reconsider placing these new computers in the racks. He has realized the amount of heat they are gonna put off and decided that sandwiched in a rack between other gear is a bad idea. Thanks again guys. You helped me scare the living daylights out of a mac guy AND question the stability of his favorite computer maker.

Well, I thank you all for your suggestions, but I have sacred the crap outta our IT guy. He is no longer gonna let me run any of the test I wanted to on them. But the plus side is I have really made him reconsider placing these new computers in the racks. He has realized the amount of heat they are gonna put off and decided that sandwiched in a rack between other gear is a bad idea. Thanks again guys. You helped me scare the living daylights out of a mac guy AND question the stability of his favorite computer maker.

That's really great news; I just wish we could have found out if those MAC pros would endure a real torture test.

Macs aren't as bad as people make them out to be. I have not found them to be as good as the Mac zealots claim (I have and use a Macbook on a daily basis), but they're not terrible.

All shapes and sizes.

That's really great news; I just wish we could have found out if those MAC pros would endure a real torture test.

yeah me too. If anything changes on my end, you guys and girls will be the first to know.