How are these temps?

I just swapped the Thermalright XP-90 HS and that hair dryer of a fan (90 mm Tornado) to the stock OEM HS/Fan. Yeah, I couldnt stand the sound of it anymore.

Anyhow, I just ran OCCT (dual core) to watch my temps. It was running 38C idle and 49C under load. Are those temps too high for air? They are about 4C higher than when the XP-90 was at 2500 mhz with 1.33V I now have it at 2700 mhz at 1.26V stable in OCCT, but I havent tested it in Prime 95 yet. Plus, the AS5 hasnt had a chance to set yet, so I am sure it will drop 1 or 2 more after the 100 hours. Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Your load temp is bordering on the maximum (50C). I don't like to see more than 40C under full load in summer heat.

Your rig is very similar to mine. I am using the HS/Fan that came with my CPU.

How can you explain the difference in temps between our rigs when I am runng a good bit less voltage and the same HS/Fan? I should have PLENTY of air moving through the Aspire case with 2 80's in the front and 1 80 in the side blowing in, a 120mm out the back and 80mm out of the top. My Heat sink doesnt even feel warm at idle. You would think it would be fairly warm with a 37C idle temp. Maybe I didnt apply the AS5 good enough?

I am not certain that Ican explain the difference. However, I have spent several hours assuring that the airflow through my case is as good as possible. I do this with good cable management.

Also, I have seven fans blowing air. It is a bit noisy at times, but it stays relatively cool.

I took my side panel off and temps went up 1C. at idle. When I said temps under load, that was during a full stress test. During normal operation it is 43-44C.

Should'nt my heat sink atleast feel fairly warm to the touch while the temps are reading close to 50C?

I guess I should just pull it off and check the spread of the AS5 after re-installation.

• 2 weeks later...