I need help on my bong. (pics)

Cooling by water evaporation is used in large commercial chiller systems for office buildings and manufacturing plants. Ever notice all the ponds with fountains everywhere at large office complexes? Most of those are being used as evaporative cooling for the HVAC system.

For evaporative cooling to work a large surface area is required. What is posted is never going to cool. If you do get something going that cools there is the health issue to consider. Evaporative cooling is a breeding ground for bacteria and fungi. The constant addition of chemicals is a necessity.

Yeah; the often have a combination of ponds and cooling towers on the buildings. Ponds have the advantage of not having an "ugly" tower protruding over the roofline of the buildings; also why architects often don't want high exhaust stacks on the buildings even so it results in poor ventilation.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice info Praz....

I always wondered about the pond by office complexes...we have alot of them here..thought it was just arcitectural until they put chemicals in them on a regular basis...true blue water...

Even for cooling systems you need to add chemicals to the H2O to control bacterial growth.

my opinion. its retarded. i can get a rad for 10$, nuff said.

your in finland dude. your pc would cool faster with just your window open.

ever thought about a zalman reserator?

my opinion. its retarded. i can get a rad for 10$, nuff said.

how long does it take a pot of hot water to cool? not so quick eh?

your in finland dude. your pc would cool faster with just your window open.

ever thought about a zalman reserator?

yeah i have. but i don't think it will drop my temps.

and the bong isn't like a pot of water, think about it like when you leave your shower and feel cold, or when swimming, you exit the body of water and a breeze passes by and you really feel really cold.

the cheapest rad is 30eu... so i can not get a rad for 10usd. the bong cost me sub 20 eu, including the stupidly high price of pvc! the joint you see cost 9eu! i have a large piece of pvc that i got for free, that is going on there tomorrow.

i can't believe you guys have not heard of bong cooling!

I've just never heard of an evaporative cooler being called a bong.

Evaporative coolers work best in environments with low humidity.

In your region I think a RAD would be a more effective option.

I've just never heard of an evaporative cooler being called a bong.

Evaporative coolers work best in environments with low humidity.

In your region I think a RAD would be a more effective option.

ok.

yeah but i don't have the funds. also if this works it should out perform any rad.

the advantages .. rad you dont need to refill every day.

cleaner. and quiet

i mean ya. a evap can cool below ambient, but whats the point? condesations this and that crap

might as well go phase. noise levels are the same as a evap waterfall.

i would check over to hardforums for used 120.2 or 120.3 rads. as sometimes you can get them for 30$us or cheaper.

diff_lock

Please read post #6. I fixed your original post so that you were in compliance with the rules. It appears that you have restored the same images. Please fix the images so that they are within the size limit stated. I'm not going to take the time to remove the img tags again. It's easier to just delete the thread.

Thanks

John