I need help on my bong. (pics)

I would use a 120mm fan, sitting on top of the pipe rather than an 80mm fan inside. ThermalTake makes fans with a round housing, might just have to snip the screw mounts off, it might even fit inside the pipe since it's round.

TT_silent_wheel_a2330.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could buy some pvc sheet and sand the end off the pipe and then put some silicone sealer and let it dry.Then cut out just as much as the actual fanblade radius is and buy one of them dust filters for your fan and mount it on just like you would do on a case maybe you could use rubber screws just to make sure it wont rust.This what you will be able to change the fan when you wanna and also clean the filter.

If only i could find a sheet of ANYTHING, i really don't know where to find raw materials, also in Finland its not cheap at-all!

i have a tiny sheet of light brown plastic it fits just one 120mm fan, its 2-3mm thick. But now i need to some how cut out a hole, i do have a dremel... but that gets real messy. I will try. What i would like is a block of Styrofoam, so i could easily shape and fit it.

what kind of temps did you see? Load of course.

when i use to load it with xp90 after an hour i get about 40c~, at 3ghz

on water i used to get 32c~

the opterons got a degree or two higher because of the 2mb cache, while the x2 had 1mb

i used the 601 tpdw tpew tpmw for x2

opt165 i used 610dpmw 550 vpmw

all steps hit 2.7 on stock. 3.0 needed about 1.4-1.45

all using gskull 4000hz or ballistix or tracers.

Maybe i got an unlucky chip, cause i can't hit 2.5GHz on stock V.

Oh and i have been running the bong, and the water temp dropped 3deg. ambient is about 25 and water is 22. I think the problem is that the fan is extremely under powered. Its a antec tri-somthing on the high setting, it moves less air than the stock amd fan.

And the pump is getting hot, is that normal??????? Maybe i should run it submerged.

EDIT: water temp dropped to20.5c

it was worth a try for a bit of fun.

here's another link on the bong thing http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=3856

i thought it was a propper bong from the pictures in the first post lol. i reckon i could hav ripped it in one ;) , well back in my school days:D

if u want to see a very good homebuild cooling setup take a look at this one http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=10933

looks sweet:drool:

you might as well sumberge the pump if you say its getting hot.

your temp is below ambient already. it wont make that bigga deal.

oh ya. theres a guy selling a 120.2 rad in the FS threads for 15$. lol

i know these bongs and stuff can cool.

only thing is noise.

im running like 1000$ of audio gear. and a quiet room is the best solution for listening. lol

otherwise i woulda had a bong since the times of a64.

or the humidity from the pipe. im in a basement and its kinda moist already. lol

Well with room temp at 25C and water at around 18C, it still needs some tweaking. I am thinking of filling the whole thing with a porous(sp?) material to lower the noise and increase cooling. latest setup: (with a sock cause of too much water escaping)

Green man, thanks for the links, and ooeric ill check out that rad, i could spend that 15 on something for my bong... and one 120 is not enough for my needs.

bong2005.jpg

bong2006.jpg

bong2007.jpg

bong2008.jpg

bong2001.jpg

bong2002.jpg

bong2003.jpg

Test it with a cpu.See what is your temperature.And btw what kind of water did you in it?If it has 18 degrees without any cpu only water circulating...With all that hot water coming from the CPU and the other chips I don't see it working below 30*.

I am still waiting for my water block! it has smaller barbs than my tubing so that sucks, and its not for an amd mount so im gona have to mount it some other way.Once i get it i can test it out. And its just tap water, i still need to get that filter from the pet store, its just a piece of foam you put on the intake of the pump. Also i get the feeling that the bong is cooling down my room, cause when i run it the room temp drops?!

Thats the block but i don't get other mounts (i dono why), i got it for 19eu so im happy.

cpe_blenden_500.jpg