I need help on my bong. (pics)

Yup the pump "head" isn't high enough. And i can't afford an other pump, this one set me back 48eu. (i only have this one)

The total hight of the "bong" is 7ft, and the tubing i got was really cheesy it kinked everywhere, i am looking for a way to solve this, obviously i am trying to utilize slack angles (when connecting the tubing to components) but this is just ridicules(sp?). And i hear that angled elbows (those male-male tube things that allow for a steeper "turn" in pluming) restrict flow, but i have never used them so i can't say for sure. If i used a few of those elbows it would work ok, but im worried about the flow...

So far i haven't progressed on the build, once i chop the pipe, and stabilize the base i will continue testing.

About the car rads, i really have very little knowledge about scraped car parts, but i have a few friends that should know where i can find a rad or two. But my concern is the density of the car rads which are design for high pressure air and high volume (driving your car through the air at high speed) is that my 120s (all low volume/time) wont be enough.

EDIT: one of my goals (once my water block arrives) is to hit 3ghz on my 3800+.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the car rads, i really have very little knowledge about scraped car parts, but i have a few friends that should know where i can find a rad or two. But my concern is the density of the car rads which are design for high pressure air and high volume (driving your car through the air at high speed) is that my 120s (all low volume/time) wont be enough.

But then again in automotive applications the RAD has to dissipate a lot more heat than it would in a PC. A RAD designed for PCs will probably perform a bit better than a car RAD (per surface area); but if you have a larger RAD then it'll even out.

Car application heater cores and rads outperform and are more efficient than any rad you can buy that's designed for computer use... A good heater core is your best bet for a cheap rad, and you can probably find one at a junk yard too. Plus, it'd be easy to make a fan shroud... only downside is it tqakes more work to get the fittings the right size etc, and getting it mounted and fans mounted to it etc.

but since you want the evaporator, keep it up :-)

I just checked my current cooling performance, with all the fans turned to 11 (100%) and an intake temp of 21C the cpu idles at 27 and hovers around 37-38 during full load.

I gota beat that, by tens.

Full load at 38 degrees... why are you trying to get cooler? Are you trying to push the CPU farther? You know you don't have anything to worry about til you get up to about 50 right? If I remember right, 55 degrees celcius is the recommended max at full load, so we'll say 50 is the actual max you want :-) so What's wrong with 38? I don't think using a bong is going to get you any cooler than that... but I may be wrong...

edit: I'm about to reboot and push my CPU to 2.7 or 2.8 if I can get it... need to pump a little more voltage to it though... I'll up it to 1.45v-1.5v and see if I can get it stable... should have already, now it's a lot hotter outside :-( anyway, wont be back on tonight probably...

I just checked my current cooling performance, with all the fans turned to 11 (100%) and an intake temp of 21C the cpu idles at 27 and hovers around 37-38 during full load.

I gota beat that, by tens.

It'd be hard to beat those temps with liquid cooling; that's about what my H2O rig runs. Even with evaporative cooling it'd be a daunting task to beat those temps; beating your current temps by 10+C is nearly impossible.

Ah just get a nice glass piece and throw some ice in it, not dry ice though you might get your lips stuck to the mouthpiece, lmfao.

What about the Freezone, doesn't it use TECs to cool the water? Might wanna find some schematics on that badboy.

BTW, wikipedia has a pretty nifty article on bongs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bong

Edit;

Whoa I didn't realize there was 3 pages to this thread, thought you wanted help building a bong, not some cooling device, lol.

Ok so now that i built it all up, the pump reaches the top just fine.

I want to get some of that expanding foam to fit around the 80mm antec fan.

I am thinking of putting a sock over the intake and exhaust for dust (and HAIR) control.

Pics...

bong1023.jpg

bong1015.jpg

bong1019.jpg

bong1020.jpg

bong1028.jpg

bong1010.jpg

bong1014.jpg

bong1029.jpg

bong1010.jpg

bong1011.jpg

bong1012.jpg