R.I.P. Frisky 1995-2007

Well I write this post with a heavy heart as I just got home from putting my cat to sleep. It all started about 2-3 weeks ago when he would just lay around and do nothing and then he was eating less and less to the point where he couldn't make his routine jumps and then the tremendous loss of weight, well as of just past 1:00 a.m. on 6-19-07 I had him put to sleep. I was and still am crying my eyes out but alas he is in a better place with no pain. I loved him and will never forget him. R.I.P Frisky

That sux man. I have always had cats around and can imagine life without one. We have 3 at the moment. We had to put our fourth cat to sleep last October... on my birthday. icon9.gif I feel for ya. My girlfriend just happens to work at the Vet, but we still couldn't get him fixed up.

Was your cat's problem related to any of that food scare?

I don't think so I usually kept him on the same food, but I guess I'll never know.

What did your Vet say it was? The food recalled was causing kidney failure. If it was kidney failure you can do a search for the list of recalled foods, see if what you were feeding was on the list.

man im sorry to hear this. you know how much i love cats...i truly feel for you nj.

gah, i keep forgetting momma is logged in on this laptop...though she would say the same thing as she loves the cats as much as I do

Sorry to hear about your cat. My old tabby is going the same way - diagnosed with a tumour. Its never a good thing. I hope my missus can take the cat as I'm not sure I'd be able to drive home afterwards. Surprising really as he was an annoying, perverted ball of fury.

What did your Vet say it was? The food recalled was causing kidney failure. If it was kidney failure you can do a search for the list of recalled foods, see if what you were feeding was on the list.

She said it could have been any of the following the thyroid, liver, kidney or even cancer (I think that was all of them) but she pretty said that either way we go it didn't look good for him. I woke up this morning and it hit me again, I'm used to him greeting me when I wake up and also when I come home, and now it's just quiet. He was more then just a cat he was my brother as soon as I can I'll put up some pics.

Sorry to hear about Frisky bro, I think animals just instinctivly know when its time to go. I had to take my old mutt of 16 years to the vet about 8 years ago to be put down. I really wish we could do the same for humans when life isnt worth living, a nice peacful sleep would be a good way to go.

I used to worry that I would forget her but all you forget is the grief.

My dog passed on a few years back...the last few days he was alive he stayed in his doghouse like he knew it was coming. It was kinda weird because the night he died I dreamt that he had passed away...my mom came down to my room that morning and said she had some bad news and I told her I already knew what happened.