amd's dual core optimizer program

sorry if this is the wrong forum, i couldn't find another appropriate section for this...

does this work for Opterons? does this work on vista? or just XP? is there an equivalent thing for vista?

oops, forgot the main part of the post.

i installed this thing, but i don't see an AMD icon in the taskbar to enable gaming mode with...

this is under winxp

Where did you get the impression that you would see a Taskbar icon?

"Gaming mode"?

The Dual core optimizer is a silent program that runs in the background.

in the read me it says to ebable "gaming" mode using the icon, im wondering that to lol

Could I see a link to this download? I'm assuming this is a new updated version, because it has always been a silent program before...Did you guys get this from the AMD site?

Now that two of you have mentioned it I'm questioning my info...Hmmm

I'm gonna go check the AMD site and update my knowledge lol

**EDIT** I just checked the AMD site. this is the same version that's been out for a while. I'm not at home right now, so I can't read any readme's but...This is more or less a "Driver" for the CPU. No "gaming mode," No Taskbar icon... It's always running...You guys had me thinking that there was a new optimizer with a GUI. I'll read the readme later today when I get home. **EDIT**

The version of the optimizer that jacobmervine is refering to is the origional version. The one on AMD's site now is the latest version, which is why it's not mentioned in the "read me" (it has'nt been updated). As said the new version operates in the background with no user input.