No Post?

Hey everyone I'm new here. I just recently picked up a stick of Kingston Value Ram - PC-3200 - 1 Gig. When i put it into my board it doesn't go to POST. If I put the 1 gig stick along with 1x512mb stick it will boot. But when i go to add the second stick 1x512mb stick it doesnt go into POST at all. I tried rearranging the sticks in every possible way. Anyone smart enough to figure this out? lol

DFI MBs are rather picky about using quality components. might just not like the Kingston RAM. The other option is that the MB is set to supply the RAM with 1.8V and the Kingston may be speced for a higher voltage.

So what do you suggest I do? Do I increase the voltage or something? I have till tommorow to return this ram. Anyone have any suggestions on what else I should get or any other type of configurations? I need alot of ram and finding a 2x1gig is really hard.

So what do you suggest I do? Do I increase the voltage or something? I have till tommorow to return this ram. Anyone have any suggestions on what else I should get or any other type of configurations? I need alot of ram and finding a 2x1gig is really hard.

Most 184 pin DDR RAM seems to require 2.5V+

Generally it isn't a good idea to get value RAM for DFI MBs; may also be a bad stick of RAM.

Not sure where you're located but Newegg.com has a fair selection of 2x1Gb kits of 184pin DDR-400 (PC3200) RAM. Anything from OCZ, Patrion, Crucial, G-Skill, Mushkin, or GeIL should be a good choice (especially if they have a heat-spreader)

So are you trying to use 3 sticks total of RAM? If so I was told by DFI tech service this wont work, I ran into this problem having 3 sticks and had to buy a 4th to make it work. It worked fine with my 4 sticks of 512mb PC2700 Kingston Value RAM afterard.